Airtable's unique approach to enabling end-user software creation has struck a chord with users across many industries and use cases. Our accelerating growth, coupled with our ambitious product surface area, brings many challenges. As one of the members of the Data Science team, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of Airtable by deepening our understanding of how people use the open-ended toolkit that Airtable offers. You’ll work cross-functionally to identify and answer our most important questions, transforming raw data into understandable and actionable insights.
What you'll do
- Partner with Product and Engineering Teams to help drive insights, identify opportunities, and understand behavior and long-term trends.
- Take a leading role in producing new datasets that unlock business opportunities.
- Manage the design and analysis of experiments; develop and socialize a rigorous culture of experimentation throughout the entire company.
- Play a foundational role in building a data culture at Airtable through reproducible work, improved processes, and better tooling.
- Develop hypotheses and test them with data, rather than solely or primarily attempt to glean patterns from the data already in front of us.
- Define and monitor key metrics through consistent tracking, KPI’s, and dashboards.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years previous experience as a data scientist, data analyst, or data engineer
- You have the ability to translate raw data into meaningful business insights and be able to tell a story with data
- You have strong knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
- You possess a natural curiosity and strive to uncover the deeper relationships that are not always immediately discoverable.
- You have experience writing and optimizing complex SQL queries for large data sets and are familiar with a scientific programming language, such as R or Python.
- You are an excellent storyteller and able to communicate your findings with clarity and precision, whether through writing or visualizations.
Compensation awarded to successful candidates will vary based on their work location, relevant skills and experience. The base salary range for this role is $170,500 - $210,400 for all office and remote locations. Our total compensation package also includes the opportunity to receive benefits, restricted stock units, and may include incentive compensation. To learn more about our comprehensive benefit offerings, please check out Life at Airtable.
Airtable is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and strive to create a workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any characteristic protected by applicable federal and state laws, regulations and ordinances. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.
If you have a medical condition, disability, or religious belief/practice which inhibits your ability to participate in any part of the application or interview process, please complete our Accommodations Request Form and let us know how we may assist you. Airtable is committed to participating in the interactive process and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants.
Please see our Privacy Notice for details regarding Airtable’s collection and use of personal information relating to the application and recruitment process by clicking here.