Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Our mission is to enable human health.
AKASA is the leading developer of AI for healthcare operations. Founded in 2019, AKASA has raised $85M in funding and has grown to more than 200 employees.
Our founding team includes Silicon Valley leaders who have founded or been founding team members of multiple companies with successful exits. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, BOND, and Costanoa Ventures, among others. Recognized in 2021 among Top 150 “Most Innovative Digital Health Startups” by CB Insights, Top 75 “Best Places to Work” by Modern Healthcare, Certified as a “Great Place to Work” two years in a row, and ranked #34 of Top 100 Healthcare Companies in 2021 by The Healthcare Technology Report. Learn more at www.AKASA.com.
We are building the future of healthcare with AI. Everyone is welcome — as an inclusive workplace, our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work.
About the Role
As a remote Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you'll report to our Engineering Manager, Machine Learning and work with machine learning PhDs from top schools (e.g., Stanford, Cornell, UC Berkeley), and experienced machine learning engineers from top companies (e.g., Google, Facebook, Amazon). You will put machine learning into practice, so your code directly affects our customers immediately. You will work with large proprietary medical and clinical datasets containing both structured documents, natural language and images.
AKASA is based in South San Francisco. As a company, we embraced remote work before COVID-19. We consider ourselves experts in working collaboratively wherever our team members happen to reside within the US.
What You'll Do
- Participate in developing state-of-art machine learning solutions to address large scale healthcare problems
- Design and build pipelines that collect, preprocess, and deliver data with a measurable quality
- Write production-ready software with fast and efficient algorithms
- Develop state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms across computer vision, natural language understanding, and structured data problems to solve problems like medical document entity extraction and claim outcome prediction
- Own machine learning services from end-to-end, including problem discovery, data pipeline development, model experimentation, and service deployment
- Help build new machine learning prediction delivery systems - all of our products are built from the ground up with machine learning at their core, enabling us to deploy our predictions in new and interesting ways
- Opportunity to quickly make an impact and becoming a leader on the ML team
Skills & Qualifications
- Master's degree in Computer Science or similar
- 5+ years of work experience in machine learning or data engineering
- Have experience launching production systems from the ground up
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as Python and C++
- Development experience with big data technologies such as SQL and AWS/Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks such as Pytorch and/or Tensorflow
- Full-stack development experience for an end-to-end machine learning solution
- Ideal experience with Natural Language Processing or Computer Vision
What We Offer
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Expansive coverage for health, dental, and vision
- Employer contribution to Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Generous parent leave policy
- Full employee coverage for life insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- 401(K) plan
- Based on market data and other factors, the salary range for this position is $175,000-$230,000 + Equity. However, a salary higher or lower than this range may be appropriate for a candidate whose qualifications differ meaningfully from those listed in the job description.
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
We’re committed to doing the best work of our lives, together. Come see if we're the right team for you.
AKASA is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives, just to name a few. We do not discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. AKASA considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
AKASA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.