Senior Data Scientist
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Our mission is to enable human health.
AKASA is the leading developer of AI for healthcare operations. Founded in 2019, AKASA has raised $85M in funding and has grown to more than 200 employees.
Our founding team includes Silicon Valley leaders who have founded or been founding team members of multiple companies with successful exits. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, BOND, and Costanoa Ventures, among others. Recognized in 2021 among Top 150 “Most Innovative Digital Health Startups” by CB Insights, Top 75 “Best Places to Work” by Modern Healthcare, Certified as a “Great Place to Work” two years in a row, and ranked #34 of Top 100 Healthcare Companies in 2021 by The Healthcare Technology Report. Learn more at www.AKASA.com.
We are building the future of healthcare with AI. Everyone is welcome — as an inclusive workplace, our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work.
About the Role
As a Senior Data Scientist, you'll report to the Director of Data Analytics. In this role, you’ll work with rich healthcare provider, payer and product datasets to identify the impact of existing and future product delivery. You’ll also partner closely with leaders across a number of organizations to inform Product and Deployment roadmaps, forecasting and Product Marketing case study development.
AKASA is based in South San Francisco. As a company, we embraced remote work before COVID-19. We consider ourselves experts in working collaboratively wherever our team members reside.
What You’ll Do
- Researching and enriching payer & provider datasets to support more consistent, approachable insights around product opportunity and execution
- Data PM support to Product for our Workflows to help them maximize their yields, success rates and customer ROI
- Develop volume/revenue forecasting model that supports execution against customer volume targets
- Drive team culture & execution through combination of mentorship, process experimentation and tech lead support
- Established mature processes to address data blind spots through new data collection and instrumentation
- Adopt more best-in-class practices associated with data analytics, stakeholder engagement, agile planning & delivery and documentation
What You Bring
- 5+ years experience working as a data scientist/analyst for Product & Technology teams
- 2+ year of experience working in healthcare analytics or with EHRs
- Passion for data exploration and statistical analysis to build data products
- SQL expertise and proficiency with modern data architecture theory needed to build scalable data models and queries for self-service consumption
- Proficiency with statistical modeling in R/Python
- Self-sufficiency defining and leading cross-functional projects end to end
- Excellent communication skills EQ and customer-oriented mindset that enable building effective partnerships and delivering insights beyond the numbers
What We Offer
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Expansive coverage for health, dental, and vision
- Employer contribution to Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Generous parent leave policy
- Full employee coverage for life insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- 401(K) plan
- Based on market data and other factors, the salary range for this position is $145,000-$190,000 + Equity. However, a salary higher or lower than this range may be appropriate for a candidate whose qualifications differ meaningfully from those listed in the job description.
We’re committed to doing the best work of our lives, together. Come see if we're the right team for you.
AKASA is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives, just to name a few. We do not discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. AKASA considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
AKASA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.