Senior Product Manager
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
Our mission is to enable human health.
AKASA is the leading developer of AI for healthcare operations. Founded in 2019, AKASA has raised $85M in funding and has grown to more than 200 employees.
Our founding team includes Silicon Valley leaders who have founded or been founding team members of multiple companies with successful exits. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, BOND, and Costanoa Ventures, among others. Recognized in 2021 among Top 150 “Most Innovative Digital Health Startups” by CB Insights, Top 75 “Best Places to Work” by Modern Healthcare, Certified as a “Great Place to Work” two years in a row, and ranked #34 of Top 100 Healthcare Companies in 2021 by The Healthcare Technology Report. Learn more at www.AKASA.com.
We are building the future of healthcare with AI. Everyone is welcome — as an inclusive workplace, our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work.
About the Role
As a Senior Product Manager, you will lead and own the development and management of AKASA’s leading Healthcare Revenue Cycle software and AI based products. You will work closely with prospects and customers, R&D and other cross-functional teams and leaders (e.g., sales, marketing) to ensure the products we develop and maintain deliver exceptional value and impact. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to:
● Make an outsized impact on AKASA and the future of healthcare.
● Work on some of the most challenging and valuable problems facing Americans.
● Grow rapidly with a top-flight healthtech company as it scales.
What You'll Do
- Generate ideas for new products we might bring to market or strategic features to add to existing products working with customers, prospects, marketing, and industry experts.
- Evaluate and recommend new product ideas by attractiveness (economics, feasibility, etc.).
- Develop deep knowledge on product areas (expert interviews, research, etc.).
- Develop roadmaps, product requirement documents, and plans to align resources and act on new product initiatives.
- Lead R&D resources to execute on new product initiatives working closely with engineering, ML, and product marketing leaders in particular.
- Provide product leadership to implementation teams implementing products.
- Own the performance of the products in the market working closely with supporting cross functional teams.
- Lead the development of supporting product materials working in collaboration with internal teams like marketing and implementation.
- Prepare impactful presentations for internal and external communications.
- Interact frequently with Executive and Functional leaders in strategizing and executing on product initiatives.
- Present to, converse with, and learn from prospects, customers, partners, and industry experts.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong educational attainments through the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Ability to operate in highly complex and ambiguous business environments.
- Resiliency, intellectual vitality, learning ability, coachability, and professionalism.
- 3 - 5 years of product management experience in software enterprises or startups.
- Effective verbal and written communication for internal and external audiences.
- Preferred: previous enterprise SaaS application experience, previous healthcare experience, previous Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning product experience, previous revenue cycle experience
What We Offer
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Expansive coverage for health, dental, and vision
- Employer contribution to Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Generous parent leave policy
- Full employee coverage for life insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- 401(K) plan
- Based on market data and other factors, the salary range for this position is $170,000-$220,000 + Equity. However, a salary higher or lower than this range may be appropriate for a candidate whose qualifications differ meaningfully from those listed in the job description.
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
We’re committed to doing the best work of our lives, together. Come see if we're the right team for you.
AKASA is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives, just to name a few. We do not discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. AKASA considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
AKASA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.