Here at Anaplan, we have reinvented how companies see, plan, and run their businesses. Our platform allows our customers to uncover new insights, connect their strategy to their plans, and work in ways they had not previously thought possible. We’re growing fast, constantly innovating, and couldn’t be prouder to help our customers move forward with confidence in a sophisticated and changing world.
We are looking for forward-thinking people who put customer experience at the forefront of every decision. Individuals who thrive on challenges and are ready to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime. Because we fundamentally believe every colleague brings outstanding value to our whole. We are a workplace where each person feels seen, heard, and valued, and can contribute their unique talent to our collective effort. We believe that for ourselves and for our customers.
Anaplan is a market-leading, cloud-native, enterprise SaaS company, transforming how enterprises across industries see, plan, and drive business performance. Powered by our proprietary Polaris Calculation Engine™ and Hyperblock® technology, our platform lets customers model “what-if” scenarios, contextualize current performance in real time, and forecast future outcomes for faster, more confident decisions. In June 2022, the company announced the completion of its take-private acquisition by Thoma Bravo, a leading software investment firm.
Join Anaplan’s Global Legal team to be part of one of the fastest growing cloud vendors and making your mark on the industry. You have the opportunity to work with a team of professionals and your career growth based on performance and success. Colleagues at Anaplan are inspired to bring new, innovative ideas to market, should be able to challenge the status quo and be able to sell the value add of Anaplan’s products and solutions to customers.
We have an excellent opportunity to join Anaplan as Senior Counsel, Commercial Contracts. The successful candidate will manage and provide legal support generally to the Americas Region. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated significant experience and background in commercial negotiations with an emphasis on complex technology transactions, particularly SaaS agreements.
- Support Anaplan’s sales growth in AMER by being an individual contributor in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a broad range of agreements with a primary focus on cloud services and SaaS, partner agreements, professional services agreements, and other technology agreements
- Provide commercial and general legal advice to the business, including advising internal stakeholders in connection with company processes and procedures
- Manage the review and negotiation of contracts with vendors and suppliers
- Supporting the legal team in improving efficiency in its processes and ensure alignment with best practices globally
- Keep abreast of the latest legal and regulatory developments relating to cloud-based software solutions, data privacy and knowledge sharing with team members
- Regularly contribute to and refine Anaplan’s templates, playbooks, and guidance documents
- Drive collaboration with various stakeholders in the region and around the globe, ensuring that legal matters are effectively and efficiently managed
- 6+ years of relevant working experience
- Law Degree from an accredited law school, preferably with appropriate postgraduate legal qualifications
- Licensed to practice law in the US
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and contract drafting skills
- Fluent English (written and spoken) is essential
- Excellent substantive knowledge of intellectual property laws
- Knowledge of competition law in a technology context would be advantageous
- Consistent good judgment and ability to apply legal knowledge to help create practical business solutions
- Ability to work under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical advice to clients.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with Sales teams while maintaining the Legal control function and ability to negotiate legal terms directly with large, multi-national customers and prospects
- Ability to manage a complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues
- Demonstrated experience and skills in managing a volume of large and strategic agreements and a suite of agreement templates through collaboration instruments
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changes and deadlines
- A self-starter who operates well in a dynamic environment that places an excellent premium on integrity, excellence, implementation, and teamwork
- Experience in negotiating SaaS agreements with Financial Institutions and the Public Sector would be an advantage
- A certain amount of travel (both domestic and international) is required for this role
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive equitable benefits and all privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Fraud Recruitment Disclaimer:
It has come to our attention that fraudulent and fictitious job opportunities are being circulated on the Internet. Prospective candidates are being contacted by certain individuals, mainly through telephone calls, emails and correspondences, claiming they are representatives of Anaplan. The main purpose of these correspondences and announcement is to obtain privileged information from individuals.
Anaplan does not:
- Extend offers to candidates without an extensive interview process with a member of our recruitment team and a hiring manager via video or in person.
- Send job offers via email. All offers are first extended verbally by a member of our internal recruitment team whenever possible, and then followed up via written communication.
All emails from Anaplan would come from an @anaplan.com email address. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Anaplan, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.