Here at Anaplan, we have reinvented how companies see, plan, and run their businesses. Our platform allows our customers to uncover new insights, connect their strategy to their plans, and work in ways they had not previously thought possible. We’re growing fast, constantly innovating, and couldn’t be prouder to help our customers move forward with confidence in a sophisticated and changing world.
We are looking for forward-thinking people who put customer experience at the forefront of every decision. Individuals who thrive on challenges and are ready to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime. Because we fundamentally believe every colleague brings outstanding value to our whole. We are a workplace where each person feels seen, heard, and valued, and can contribute their unique talent to our collective effort. We believe that for ourselves and for our customers.
Anaplan are looking for a motivated SOFTWARE ENGINEER to work in an autonomous Agile team with an emphasis on collaboration, innovation, and honesty. We're serious about attracting the best...we have hugely complex technical problems to solve, and offer unrestricted progression, a relaxed working environment, superb packages and much more. This position would require you to be in the YORK office 2 days a week.
Working as part of a Platform Engineering group that supports the functions of Software Development, Ops, Security and more, you and the team will be streamlining the delivery of a SaaS platform that is helping top-flight companies around the world to make better-informed plans and decisions every day. Anaplan is a business critical, tier-one system that must be highly available with low latency, despite complexity and scale.
We are always looking to recruit exceptional engineers, regardless of your language(s) of choice - smart, passionate people who believe in simplicity, agility and performance and can choose and use the best tools for the job.
- Be a part of an agile, autonomous team that develops and supports tooling that helps our engineers to ship their services to customers.
- Actively champion and promote best practices for developing and delivering SaaS services into production safely and easily, with zero-downtime.
- Applying and expanding your skills as necessary. We really appreciate people who are keen to learn and grow.
- Have a focus on solving problems rather than building features.
- Advocating and evangelising your team’s work to the software engineers who will use it.
- Pair with your colleagues to build everything from rapid prototypes to highly testable and tested platform capabilities.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to craft well architected and easy to reason about applications regardless of the "tier".
- Experience writing backend micro-services. Bonus points if you have prior experience with Rust or other strongly typed languages.
- Experience with writing library code or contributing to open source style projects.
- Happy writing and maintaining documentation on our tooling for consumption by other teams in the company.
- You will have a strong focus on writing tests and will have a clear view of how and why different kinds of tests should be developed and run.
- Any experience using deployment tools/technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform or Harness is advantageous.
- You're not afraid to show off your work, as well as learn new things.
- Any experience with Observability platforms such as Grafana would be advantageous.
Technologies you will work with:
- APIs, Rust
- Lambda, AWS Step Functions
- Jenkins, Harness
- Docker & Kubernetes & Helm
- AWS, GCP and hybrid platforms
- Terraform & Terraform Enterprise
- Artifactory, Vault, GitHub
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive equitable benefits and all privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Fraud Recruitment Disclaimer:
It has come to our attention that fraudulent and fictitious job opportunities are being circulated on the Internet. Prospective candidates are being contacted by certain individuals, mainly through telephone calls, emails and correspondences, claiming they are representatives of Anaplan. The main purpose of these correspondences and announcement is to obtain privileged information from individuals.
Anaplan does not:
- Extend offers to candidates without an extensive interview process with a member of our recruitment team and a hiring manager via video or in person.
- Send job offers via email. All offers are first extended verbally by a member of our internal recruitment team whenever possible, and then followed up via written communication.
All emails from Anaplan would come from an @anaplan.com email address. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Anaplan, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.