Here at Anaplan, we have reinvented how companies see, plan, and run their businesses. Our platform allows our customers to uncover new insights, connect their strategy to their plans, and work in ways they had not previously thought possible. We’re growing fast, constantly innovating, and couldn’t be prouder to help our customers move forward with confidence in a sophisticated and changing world.
We are looking for forward-thinking people who put customer experience at the forefront of every decision. Individuals who thrive on challenges and are ready to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime. Because we fundamentally believe every colleague brings outstanding value to our whole. We are a workplace where each person feels seen, heard, and valued, and can contribute their unique talent to our collective effort. We believe that for ourselves and for our customers.
Think big and act bold by expressing your authentic best self! Anaplan seeks a Corporate Accountant to join our GL Accounting team in San Francisco, Minneapolis, Miami, or remotely in CO or MO. This stellar immediate full-time opportunity will involve you in a highly visible, large-scale SaaS cloud company. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and conquer unique problems that no one else is solving, keep reading.
Our new Corporate Accountant is a crucial role that will assist in overseeing general accounting operations in a fast paced and evolving environment. Be responsible for supporting the month-end close process, SOX compliance control execution and quarterly/annual audit process, as well as identifying and driving project-based work to provide process efficiencies for the general ledger team. Expect to demonstrate current abilities while also focusing on learning quickly and adding new value to current processes. This role will be reporting to the Accounting Manager.
- Prepare monthly expense accrual journal entries, reconciliations and related schedules for financial reporting purposes
- Support maintaining the fixed asset subledger (registering assets, running depreciation, updating rollforward etc.)
- Assist in managing the monthly close process for prepaid expenses, and various other areas
- Assist in daily general ledger operations for the majority of financial statement processes
- Collaborate with FP&A and other cross-functional departments to ensure completeness of accruals
- Support quarterly reviews and annual audits through interactions with external auditors
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc analyses (i.e. entity rollout, statutory audits, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-2 Years of Public Accounting or Industry experience
- Strong excel skills and passion for new technologies
- Demonstrated ownership, problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with impeccable integrity
- Experience with, and enjoys collaborating with other functionalities within the business
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, constantly evolving, highly transactional and data driven role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills needed to interface and establish rapport with all levels of the organization
- You are passionate about driving continuous improvement in yourself and within your functions
- You challenge the old ways of doing things and enjoy changing the status quo to optimize process
- You also enjoy working in a dynamic ever-changing, dynamic environment
Nice To Haves
- Big 4 experience
- Experience in Workday
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive equitable benefits and all privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Fraud Recruitment Disclaimer:
It has come to our attention that fraudulent and fictitious job opportunities are being circulated on the Internet. Prospective candidates are being contacted by certain individuals, mainly through telephone calls, emails and correspondences, claiming they are representatives of Anaplan. The main purpose of these correspondences and announcement is to obtain privileged information from individuals.
Anaplan does not:
- Extend offers to candidates without an extensive interview process with a member of our recruitment team and a hiring manager via video or in person.
- Send job offers via email. All offers are first extended verbally by a member of our internal recruitment team whenever possible, and then followed up via written communication.
All emails from Anaplan would come from an @anaplan.com email address. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Anaplan, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.