Here at Anaplan, we have reinvented how companies see, plan, and run their businesses. Our platform allows our customers to uncover new insights, connect their strategy to their plans, and work in ways they had not previously thought possible. We’re growing fast, constantly innovating, and couldn’t be prouder to help our customers move forward with confidence in a sophisticated and changing world.
We are looking for forward-thinking people who put customer experience at the forefront of every decision. Individuals who thrive on challenges and are ready to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime. Because we fundamentally believe every colleague brings outstanding value to our whole. We are a workplace where each person feels seen, heard, and valued, and can contribute their unique talent to our collective effort. We believe that for ourselves and for our customers.
Summary of Role/Position:
Seeking a Cloud Commercial Expert to join our fast-growing, Global Deal Desk team. The Deal Desk, Senior Analyst role is viewed as a trusted and recognized business partner to the Sales Field, Customer Success and Alliances Organization. The Deal Desk Senior Analyst will support commercial related activities including, but not limited to: deal structuring and pricing, contract creation, review and approval for offers, deal support registration and administration, partner fees related issues/questions, partner on(off)boarding, and providing support to the Sales Field on Anaplan’s quoting tools.
Daily Tasks (Roles & Responsibilities)
- Provide guidance to the Sales field and Customer Success in the areas of deal structuring, pricing, and contract management.
- Ensure deals are structured and processed efficiently and align to company policies; review and approve deals for Anaplan Customers and Prospects
- Review, interpret and confirm contract terms and condition; work closely with finance and legal teams to ensure all contracts are accurate. Verify compliance with internal policies (and external regulations)
- Responsible for drafting, modifying and finalizing contracts including new and add-on business for Cloud Subscription Services.
- Deal with day-to-day queries from Sales, Sales Development and Account Management teams on Anaplan’s quoting tools and/or CRM system.
- Provide support to Partners and Account Executive around deal registration and resolving partners fee inquiries and questions
- Partner On(Off)boarding & Renewals
- Support Sales enablement through new hire training initiatives and ad hoc training requests as needed.
- Anticipate issues and initiate actions to resolve them using professional judgment and concepts, company policies and procedures. Independently drive efficiency and process improvements.
Profile / Background of Ideal Candidate:
- A “Customer First” perspective and ethos
- Outstanding business partnering skills – able to interact positively with the Field Sales and APJ Leadership and influence business outcomes.
- Excellent understanding of most Deal Support/Commercial topics (pricing, deal structuring, contracting etc.); working knowledge of Cloud Revenue Recognition Policies
- Fluency in Japanese and English, including experience working on contracts in both languages
- Excellent understanding of legal terms and conditions
- The ability to acquire knowledge of our products and the value they provide to Anaplan’s Customers.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, complete activities and meet deadlines on a daily basis.
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills
- Requires a 4-year university degree
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience in Deal Desk, Sales Operations or Finance within Cloud Software.
- Requires proficiency with computer applications, such as Windows, Excel, and Word and CRM systems – SFDC experience a plus.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive equitable benefits and all privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Fraud Recruitment Disclaimer:
It has come to our attention that fraudulent and fictitious job opportunities are being circulated on the Internet. Prospective candidates are being contacted by certain individuals, mainly through telephone calls, emails and correspondences, claiming they are representatives of Anaplan. The main purpose of these correspondences and announcement is to obtain privileged information from individuals.
Anaplan does not:
- Extend offers to candidates without an extensive interview process with a member of our recruitment team and a hiring manager via video or in person.
- Send job offers via email. All offers are first extended verbally by a member of our internal recruitment team whenever possible, and then followed up via written communication.
All emails from Anaplan would come from an @anaplan.com email address. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Anaplan, please send an email to email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.