Here at Anaplan, we have reinvented how companies see, plan, and run their businesses. Our platform allows our customers to uncover new insights, connect their strategy to their plans, and work in ways they had not previously thought possible. We’re growing fast, constantly innovating, and couldn’t be prouder to help our customers move forward with confidence in a sophisticated and changing world.
We are looking for forward-thinking people who put customer experience at the forefront of every decision. Individuals who thrive on challenges and are ready to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime. Because we fundamentally believe every colleague brings outstanding value to our whole. We are a workplace where each person feels seen, heard, and valued, and can contribute their unique talent to our collective effort. We believe that for ourselves and for our customers.
The Director of Financial Flexibility will lead the efforts across Anaplan to deliver process and systematic changes to the business that result in a more efficient company structure. The candidate will focus on two to three key major initiatives during the year to yield structural cost improvement. The outcome will impact change in the company to move from a fixed cost approach to a cost structure that behaves largely variable and will free up budgetary capacity for funding targeted investments, transition costs, and profit improvement. The ability to influence across functions and through all levels of the organization will be essential to be successful.
As a member of the Finance organization, this crucial hire understands the accounting standards that influence cash costs and Non-GAAP profitability measures coupled with sound financial savvy. Responsibilities include:
- Timely delivery of project results that meet or exceed agreed-upon metrics or goals
- Structuring of identified business challenges logically
- Hands-on leadership and mentoring of Project Managers on process improvement and general project management skills
- Key driver for change within the business units aligned to supporting project execution and toll-gating and helping them to learn, understand, adjust, and grow with the business transformation
- Conducting in-depth analyses (when required), including data collection, data analyses, and synthesis of data to generate key insights for projects or Lean deployment strategies
- Developing presentations for senior management to facilitate discussions on project or program progress, results, and assistance needed from them
- Ensuring disciplined, data-driven, well-documented approaches to improving end-to-end operational performance led by the voice of the customer
- Quantifying impact of projects on financials, productivity, customer experience, and compliance
- Promoting a risk-aware culture; ensuring efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Recognizing obstacles preventing others from achieving their goals and readily intervening, finding resourceful ways to remove them
- Developing and maintaining relationships with senior leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university; MBA preferred
- Background in Lean Six Sigma or related continuous improvement areas
- Experience in change management, partner management, and influencing people without authority
- Experience in engineering process re-engineering, offshoring, and outsourcing
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, presentation, and organization skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff, management, and senior leadership
- Proven ability to work in ambiguity
- Highly motivated to take ownership and drive initiatives with minimal direction
- Demonstrated ability to lead and empower teams of 3 or more high-performing individuals
- Capacity to think strategically and innovatively
FYI, we seek to hire a candidate to work a hybrid schedule in one of our US offices.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive equitable benefits and all privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Fraud Recruitment Disclaimer:
It has come to our attention that fraudulent and fictitious job opportunities are being circulated on the Internet. Prospective candidates are being contacted by certain individuals, mainly through telephone calls, emails and correspondences, claiming they are representatives of Anaplan. The main purpose of these correspondences and announcement is to obtain privileged information from individuals.
Anaplan does not:
- Extend offers to candidates without an extensive interview process with a member of our recruitment team and a hiring manager via video or in person.
- Send job offers via email. All offers are first extended verbally by a member of our internal recruitment team whenever possible, and then followed up via written communication.
All emails from Anaplan would come from an @anaplan.com email address. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Anaplan, please send an email to before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.