Business Development Manager (Defense and Government)
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting-edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.
Applied Intuition provides software solutions to safely develop, test, and deploy autonomous vehicles at scale. The company’s suite of simulation, validation, and drive log management software enables development teams to create thousands of scenarios in minutes, run simulations at scale, and verify and validate algorithms for production deployment. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Los Angeles, Detroit, Washington, D.C., Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo, Applied consists of software, robotics, and automotive experts with experiences from top global companies. Leading autonomy programs and 17 of the top 20 global OEMs use Applied’s solutions to bring autonomy to market faster.
About the role
We are looking to augment our Federal/Defense business development team to drive business development, manage business operations, and identify new business opportunities in the Federal space. Applied Intuition is expanding its product offerings in the Federal/Defense arena, and this role is critical to maintain a high-growth environment.
This role focuses on 3 main duties:
- Planning and executing business development for Autonomy, Robotics, AI, and Automation for Federal/Defense customers
- Assisting with Federal/Defense business strategy planning and operations
- Understanding customer requirements and translating to Product and Engineering teams
You will report to our Global Head of Defense Business Development and Head of APAC Sales, and partner cross-functionally across Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Operations. This is a uniquely strategic and operational role with a mix of both internal and external-facing responsibilities.
At Applied, you will:
- Establish relationships with partner Defense prime contractors and the Federal/Defense Research and Development enterprise and related Program Executive Offices, and maintain a high level of customer intimacy within these communities
- Engage new and existing customer base to explain how Applied Intuition’s infrastructure software tools and services can accelerate AV development
- Capture new Research and Development business in alignment with Applied’s technical expertise and Federal/Defense strategic roadmap
- This includes: tracking and planning Defense-related relationships, managing customer relationships, visiting key actual and potential customers on a regular basis, understanding customer technical and functional requirements, and translating product requirements to the Engineering and Product teams.
- Assist with development of a detailed annual Federal/Defense business development operating plan
- This includes: maintaining awareness of and recommending to leadership any Federal/Defense business opportunities relative to Applied Intuition’s current and future products, providing customer requirements input to the Defense business strategy, and identifying potential new and future products.
- Travel to pursue customer opportunities as required worldwide
We're looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years experience in the Department of Defense (Industry, Service, Joint, or Office of the Secretary of Defense) doing business development
- 5+ years of quota-carrying, solution-selling experience
- Experience with Autonomy, Automation, or Artificial Intelligence technologies and their applications to National Security and Defense
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with Defense Autonomy and AI customers (primes and government)
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with experience running multiple projects and deadlines effectively
- Passion for building a deep understanding of autonomous systems applications to National Security and Defense
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans
or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.
Something looks off?