People Operations Generalist - New Grad
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting-edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.
Applied Intuition provides software solutions to safely develop, test, and deploy autonomous vehicles at scale. The company’s suite of simulation, validation, and drive log management software enables development teams to create thousands of scenarios in minutes, run simulations at scale, and verify and validate algorithms for production deployment. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Detroit, Washington, D.C., Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo, Applied consists of software, robotics, and automotive experts with experiences from top global companies. Leading autonomy programs and 17 of the top 20 global OEMs use Applied’s solutions to bring autonomy to market faster.
About the role
We are seeking 2022/2023 university graduates looking to start a career in People Operations. This is a rare opportunity for highly ambitious individuals who are interested in experiencing non-linear career growth by joining one of the top high growth companies in Silicon Valley relatively early.
You will play a substantial role in building and supporting the entire People team infrastructure from the ground up. This role will provide you with an expanding set of responsibilities in a high growth and fast-paced environment. You will report to the Head of People and Places, while partnering closely with members across our Finance, Legal, I.T., and Executive teams to help us build a generational software company as a full-time member of the Applied Intuition People team.
At Applied, you will:
- Drive HRIS system data accuracy and validation of Applied people data and reports; consistently updating and maintaining employee records, company org charts, and personnel files
- Own onboarding, managing end-to-end program execution
- Assist in employee benefits, managing enrollment, addressing inquiries, and ensuring our packages remain competitive
- Be the point of contact for employee questions and matters related to benefits, leaves of absence, and timeoff
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefit laws/regulation; assist in compliance reporting on EEO, Affirmative Action Plans, Form 5500, and other compliance items
- Generate comprehensive reporting and dashboards to support data-driven decision-making
- Assist in learning and development initiatives, crafting a curriculum that supports continuous professional growth
- Execute on other People or general operations responsibilities as required by the People team on an ad-hoc basis
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Detail-oriented and data-driven mindset
- Good intuition and able to identify potential areas of improvement in our operational cadence
- Proven ability in proactive problem-solving: You don’t just spot gaps; you fill them
Nice to have:
- People Operations experience
- Fluency in our People tech stack: Google Apps, Slack, Carta, JIRA, and PAVE
The salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $400,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans
or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.