Software Engineer - DevOps
About Applied Intuition
Applied Intuition is a vehicle software supplier that accelerates the adoption of safe and intelligent machines worldwide. Founded in 2017, Applied Intuition provides a simulation and validation platform for various industries such as automotive, trucking, construction, and more. 17 of the top 20 global automakers rely on Applied Intuition’s solutions to shorten development cycles, deliver high-quality systems, and accelerate the production of modern vehicles with confidence. Applied Intuition is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with offices in Ann Arbor, MI, Washington, DC, Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo. Learn more at https://applied.co.
About the role
We are looking for a software engineer with a passion for improving developer experience and deployment processes. In this role, you will work across engineering teams to identify key sources of friction, improve workflows, develop new tools, and generally uplevel the velocity and reliability of the entire software, and robotics development and deployment lifecycle.
At Applied Intuition, you will:
- Design, build, and improve the tools, libraries, and frameworks for our engineering team
- Build and test scalable tools for deploying to various robotic and cloud platforms
- Optimize our compile/build times using tools like Bazel, CMake, Docker
- Improve software deployment and data collection frameworks
- Identify and solve bottlenecks within our software stack
We're looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with CI, build, and deployment technologies like Bazel, Buildkite, Docker, Kubernetes, and Jenkins, and comfortability with scripting for automation
- Experience with Linux and/or ARM systems
- Experience working with configuration management tools like Ansible and Terraform
Nice to have:
- Experience working in automotive, robotics, or related industries
- Experience with working ROS or similar robotics middleware
- Experience with deploying software on either public clouds (e.g., AWS) or on-premise clusters
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.