About Applied Intuition
Applied Intuition is a vehicle software supplier that accelerates the adoption of safe and intelligent machines worldwide. Founded in 2017, Applied Intuition provides a simulation and validation platform for various industries such as automotive, trucking, construction, and more. 17 of the top 20 global automakers rely on Applied Intuition’s solutions to shorten development cycles, deliver high-quality systems, and accelerate the production of modern vehicles with confidence. Applied Intuition is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with offices in Ann Arbor, MI, Washington, DC, Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo. Learn more at https://applied.co.
About the role
We are looking for a System Engineer with strong robotics and software expertise. This engineer will create and manage the system requirements for the software and hardware requirements of a new Applied Intuition product. This engineer will play a critical role in shaping the technical direction of this new project with strategic importance to Applied Intuition.
At Applied Intuition, you will:
- Monitor and manage full system-level requirements for the overall built system and ensure that the system meets the intended requirements
- Create system requirements and subsystem requirements and define system bounds, capabilities, and functional features
- Convert customer needs into system requirements and devise operational objectives for the system as a whole
- Monitor and manage validation and verification of requirements at the system and subsystem level
We're looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of experience in a system engineering role responsible for owning system requirements, testing systems for verification, and designing system requirements for a system
- Expertise in mechanical, electrical, and software engineering
- Experience testing real-world systems with sensors and production-level hardware and compute
- Experience with requirements validation and verification for subsystems as well as integrated system level components
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in a customer facing role
- Experience in both initial requirements and final system validation
- Strong project management skills to make sure that the project deliverables are on track
The salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $400,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.