Technical Program Manager - Autonomy
About Applied Intuition
Applied Intuition is a vehicle software supplier that accelerates the adoption of safe and intelligent machines worldwide. Founded in 2017, Applied Intuition provides a simulation and validation platform for various industries such as automotive, trucking, construction, and more. 17 of the top 20 global automakers rely on Applied Intuition’s solutions to shorten development cycles, deliver high-quality systems, and accelerate the production of modern vehicles with confidence. Applied Intuition is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with offices in Ann Arbor, MI, Washington, DC, Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo. Learn more at https://applied.co.
About the role
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to help design the processes for and manage complex software and hardware engineering projects in the areas of autonomy stack and advanced driver assistance development programs. In this position, you will implement best practices and leverage your significant collaboration skills as you work with subject matter experts within Applied Intuition and at our customers at a detailed level in order to execute on our roadmap.
At Applied Intuition, you will:
- Manage projects end-to-end as the first TPM for a major off-road autonomy program
- Work closely with both internal autonomy teams and external customers on managing and driving major software releases to completion
- Develop the project’s integrated master schedule in collaboration with customers and partners, execute projects as the single point of contact, track progress, and ensure successful completion of all the milestones, metrics, and final deliverables
- Continuously engage customers to understand further pain points and areas for more project engagements
- Support preparation for and execution of project reviews in collaboration with subject matter experts
- Provide regular touch points with Applied Intuition internal teams to update on customer use cases and workflows that our current software solutions do not yet provide a solution for
We're looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years of industry experience overseeing major software releases in the ADAS, AV, automotive, robotics, AR/VR, or consumer device space
- A Master's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
- Experience partnering with major external stakeholders, such as Tier 1s, OEMs, or defense companies and operating in complex environments.
- Familiarity with the various data management and simulation providers available in the market and an understanding of their advantages and disadvantages
- Willingness to travel to support project needs (up to 25%)
Nice to have:
- Hands-on experience with data or simulation software used for ADAS/AV or vehicle software validation
- Knowledge in both software and hardware aspects of software development and testing such as high-performance computing and realtime test systems
- Experience managing a team of engineers in a leadership role
The salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $400,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.