Data Scientist - DS 3
San Jose, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2023
AppZen is the leader in autonomous spend-to-pay software. Its patented artificial intelligence accurately and efficiently processes information from thousands of data sources so that organizations can better understand enterprise spend at scale to make smarter business decisions. It seamlessly integrates with existing accounts payable, expense, and card workflows to read, understand, and make real-time decisions based on your unique spend profile, leading to faster processing times and fewer instances of fraud or wasteful spend. Global enterprises, including one-third of the Fortune 500, use AppZen’s invoice, expense, and card transaction solutions to replace manual finance processes and accelerate the speed and agility of their businesses. To learn more, visit us at www.appzen.com.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to come and work on our growing AI stack. You will be working with a team of highly skilled and motivated data scientists and machine learning engineers. If you are excited about natural language understanding and machine translation, AppZen is the right place for you to apply and grow your skills.
- Solid understanding of machine learning fundamentals, and familiar with standard algorithms and techniques
- Ability to analyze a wide variety of data: structured and unstructured, observational and experimental, to drive system designs and product implementations
- Expert knowledge of a statistical computing language such as Python or R Knowledge of probability and statistics, including experimental design, predictive modeling, optimization, and causal inference
- Experience in design and deployment of real-world, large-scale, user-facing systems
- Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-lingual alignment/mapping, etc.
- Manage your own process: identify and execute on high impact projects, triage external requests, and make sure you bring projects to conclusion in time for the results to be useful
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills; communicate proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions to drive business decisions
- M.S. or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or other relevant technical field
- Must have 5+ years of industry experience
- You are a team player
- Track-record of having developed novel algorithms, e.g. publications in one or more of the following: KDD, WWW, NIPS, ISWC, NAACL, ACL, SIGIR, EMNLP, ICML etc
AppZen is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The base pay range for this role is $160,000 to $200,000. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
The total compensation package for this position may also include annual performance bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans.
We are equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
See more open positions at AppZen
Something looks off?