QA Automation Developer
Software Engineering, Quality Assurance
Calgary, AB, Canada
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. Attabotics is a TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
Joining forces with the Software QA Team, The QA Automation Developer will drive and influence the overall health of internal and external applications at Attabotics. You'll identify defects throughout the stages of deployed testing and collaborate with the development and engineering teams to ensure design and software standards are achieved. We will rely on your exceptional communication and documentation skills to describe problems/risks identified and resolution steps taken.
Who You Are
- Strong experience with C#
- Proficiency with SpecFlow, PowerShell, xUnit
- Sound knowledge of SQL/PL-SQL, stored procedures, and SQL server database
- Hands on experience with API testing, tools and automation (must have)
- Expert knowledge and hands on expertise on variety of test automation tools, frameworks and CI/CD tools
- Knowledge on performance testing and tools (would be an asset)
- Well-rounded understanding of all test types (functional/non-functional) and delivery Methodologies
- Good understanding of DevOps or TestOps concepts
- Good understanding of cloud and containerization concepts – hands on experience preferred
- Strong communication skills a must. Effective communication & ability to summarize and explain technical concepts to both specialists and non-specialists for buy in
What We Need
- Contribute to documenting test plans and test cases; utilize verification and validation techniques for application functionality
- Investigate test failures using root cause analysis during triage, prioritization, maintenance, and planning efforts
- Help in building and maintaining the QA environments for manual and automation testing
- Provide precise and timely reporting of test KPIs - automation progress, risks & issues
- Work with the team to define and maintain an Automation Backlog list for respective products
- Responsible for building automated smoke and regression test suites and keeping them up to date
- Meaningfully contribute to test strategies, test automation, performance benchmarking, integration testing and Report validation
- Help in maintaining the automations runs and pipelines and address the daily issues
- Adaptable to work in both Automation and Manual test as required
- Identifying the gaps in regression and participates in evaluating the test coverage continuously
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.
Attabotics is aware of false advertisement of our postings, which may include compensation information. These are fraudulent sites and should not be trusted. Attabotics will never ask for any form of payment during the recruitment process. For a current listing of all our postings, and the only legitimate location to apply, please visit.