Technical Support/ Field Service Specialist
IT, Customer Service
Albany, GA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies. Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
We are seeking a Technical Support Specialist to join forces with our Technical Support Center (TSC) team that is at the heart of everything we do at Attabotics. The TSC provides visibility at client sites to ensure services are running smoothly, resolving incidents, and playing a key role in creating and managing our products end to end, from development to deployment.
Working with a like-minded team, you’ll remotely facilitate the troubleshooting and resolution of technical incidents to enhance the efficiency and capabilities of our robotic systems. As a Technical Support Specialist, your superpowers must comprise of solving problems effectively, offering advice, hunting down bugs, moderating solutions, and serving as an advocate for the people you support.
This role does require a valid passport.
Who You Are
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on work experience as a Technical Support Specialist in a Windows environment
- Hands-on experience with Linux/Mac OS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, database products, mobile devices, and Wi-Fi
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose advanced technical issues
- Experience with remote desktop applications
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Degree or diploma in a relevant technical field
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco, or similar technologies is a plus
- Must be able to travel to our site in Albany, Georgia - it's expected that this role will consist of up to 30% travel to other Attabotics locations and/or client sites
- You prioritize working safely and making sure your health and safety as well as those of your co-workers is part of your job
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be open to rotating shift work
- Must be able to travel to Canada to our Headquarters in Calgary
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and okay working at heights
What We Need
- Troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues, provide System Administration
- Follow all Service Management processes; create and track issues through to resolution, work within agreed service level response times
- Independently conduct preventative maintenance, upgrades, or repair of the equipment and infrastructure at site
- Support clients remotely via phone, email, or chat
- Track and escalate open incidents to internal teams as required
- Provide timely and accurate feedback and reports to customers
- Leverage and provide content for the internal knowledge base
- Ensure all issues are properly categorized and recorded, including logs and troubleshooting information
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple open issues at one time
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with internal teams and clients
- Provide onsite customer support as required
- Other duties assigned by the team lead or manager as required
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.
Attabotics is aware of false advertisement of our postings, which may include compensation information. These are fraudulent sites and should not be trusted. Attabotics will never ask for any form of payment during the recruitment process. For a current listing of all our postings, and the only legitimate location to apply, please visit.