Manager, Technical Support Center
IT, Customer Service
Calgary, AB, Canada
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2023
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. Attabotics is a TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
The Technical Support Center (TSC) serves as the first line of defense against system disruptions and failures. The TSC team are responsible for proactively monitoring multiple networks for conditions that may require special attention to avoid degraded service.
Reporting to the VP Operations, you will oversee the activities of the TSC team to ensure the smooth running of Attabotics’ collection of systems, which include PLC, software, electrical, mechanical and structural components. As a people leader, you will be responsible for building and inspiring a high-performing team to ensure we are keeping pace with service demands.
This position can be located in Calgary or has the ability to be fully remote from any North American location.
Who you are
- 5+ years experience in leading an Operations Centre or experience as a Technical Support Lead / Manager is required
- 7+ years of team or department management experience
- Background in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering considered an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid technical and troubleshooting skills and a mechanical aptitude
- Outstanding organizational, time management and planning skills required
- Responsive and strategically adept when working with multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation development and delivery skills
- Skilled with leading people remotely through:
- Drives engagement through alignment of direct reports work with their goals and motivators
- Ensures accountability through following up on unresolved issues or escalations Motivated, self-starter with an excellent work ethic and high level of integrity
- Passionate about customer support and team building
- flexible communication, delivering multi-mode communications
- setting clear performance and team dynamic expectations
- employing collaborative communication technology
What we need
- Provide oversight and management of the day-to-day operations of the Technical Support Center
- Ensure systems are in place and utilized to capture, report and communicate service metrics, including client feedback or trends in product or service issues
- Identify best practices, contributing to the TSC knowledge base and increasing support service delivery
- Direct and oversee all aspects of Attabotics system incident response policies, objectives, and initiatives
- Collaborate with Field Operations, Engineering and other internal teams, to drive incident resolution
- Drive the continuous improvement by documenting and standardizing support processes
- Manage and report on Key Performance Indicators to the organization
- Align customer support activities and initiatives to support and enhance the objectives of the organization
- Develops team through coaching, feedback, exposure, and alignment of department goals to the organization’s goals
- Work closely with the People + Culture team on engagement, performance, retention strategies
- Other duties as required.
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.
Attabotics is aware of false advertisement of our postings, which may include compensation information. These are fraudulent sites and should not be trusted. Attabotics will never ask for any form of payment during the recruitment process. For a current listing of all our postings, and the only legitimate location to apply, please visit.