Data Engineer, Business Intelligence
Operations, Data Science
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
Attentive® is the world’s #1 conversational marketing platform, on a mission to maximize performance with intelligent, 1:1 SMS and email capabilities. Our SMS-first software platform helps everyone from entrepreneurs to enterprises strengthen relationships with their consumers in a new way. Through two-way, real-time, personalized communications, we drive billions in e-commerce revenue and over 8,000 leading brands like CB2, Pura Vida, GUESS and Urban Outfitters rely on Attentive to deliver powerful commerce experiences.
Attentive’s growth has been recognized by Deloitte’s Fast 500, Linkedin’s Top Startups and Forbes Cloud 100 all thanks to the hard work from our global employees!
Who we are
We are seeking a self-driven Data Engineer II to join our Business Intelligence Engineering team. On the BI Engineering team, you’ll help build and shape the backbone for analytics needs across the organization. You’ll work with Data Engineers and Data Analysts, as well as other internal teams to define and shape self-service analytics and a data-driven organization. You’ll also support the relationship between the BI/Analytics teams and Engineering as we build out a world-class data warehouse for our business and clients.
If you are a self-starter, excited about building a data-driven culture, and motivated by making an impact, then you may be a good fit for this role.
Why Attentive needs you
- You will work with teams across the company to define BI and analytics requirements
- You will work alongside data engineers to develop data models to feed dashboards for teams across the org, as well as, client-facing analytics
- You will work with data engineers and analysts to model data and build scalable data pipelines for BI
- 2+ years of data/software engineering experience
- You are a self starter with a high desire to learn
- You have experience with SQL, Python, ETL/ELT development
- You are a team player with collaboration and communication skills
Nice to have
- You have proficiency or experience with Airflow
- You have proficiency or experience with AWS
- You have proficiency or experience with DBT
- You have proficiency or experience with Snowflake or Trino.
- You have familiarity with a BI visualization tool like Looker or Tableau
- We have access to Python, R, Snowflake, SQL, DBT for analysis
- Our data visualization tool is Looker
- Our product backend is Java and Python microservices coupled with Spark, Kinesis, AirFlow, Snowflake, and Postgres, all hosted on AWS
- Our team supports stakeholders from client strategy, product management, sales, marketing, finance, engineering, designers and the leadership team
- We believe our company will win in the long run through product innovation and data-driven decision-making
You’ll get competitive perks and benefits from health & wellness to equity, to help you bring your best self to work.
For US based applicants:
- The standard base salary range for this position is $120,000 - $165,000 annually.
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
- This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs.
Attentive Company Values
Default to Action - Move swiftly and with purpose
Be One Unstoppable Team - Rally as each other’s champions
Champion the Customer - Our success is defined by our customers' success
Act Like an Owner - Take responsibility for Attentive’s success
Learn more about AWAKE, Attentive’s collective of employee resource groups.
If you do not meet all the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply! No job description is perfect, and we may also have another opportunity that closely matches your skills and experience.
At Attentive, we know that our Company's strength lies in the diversity of our employees. Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees, applicants and covered individuals regardless of protected characteristics. We prioritize and maintain a fair, inclusive and equitable workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.