Software Development Engineer in Test (Contract Position)
Avail Medsystems is a pioneering medical technology company that is reinventing how medical procedures are supported by industry and clinicians. We are committed to delivering HIPAA compliant real-time video conferencing solutions that improve the quality, and lower the cost, of procedural care delivery. Our first-generation Avail Systems are currently being used to support procedures in the United States. Physicians are able to instantly connect with enhanced on demand support that is better than being there, with added capabilities such as the ability to annotate over live or paused video. We are looking for self-starters, who are good team players, to join us as we transform when, where and how procedural support is delivered.
The Software Engineer in Test will design and develop test cases and execute test plans related to Avail’s overall system design. This includes a strong understanding of hardware and software technologies. This position reports to the Software QA Manager and is located at our headquarters in Santa Clara, CA.
- Implement functional testcases for testing various Avail software components - Frontends, REST APIs, Mobile apps, and backend microservices. Describe and clearly document test plan/procedure and test results
- Work on test automation frameworks and in continuous integration and execution model
- Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts across various software releases
- Work on increasing test coverageand automating test cases using selenium and python, pytest
- Collaborate with product owners, software architects, software developers and DevOps on best practices, process changes and standards as part of continuous process improvement
- Coordinate with the scrum team and development counterparts in overseeing bug tracking, test prioritization, test automation and release
- Perform final product acceptance testing, ensure compliance to regulatory mandates
- Manage Jenkins on-premises by debugging and resolving ad-hoc issues
- Perform performance analysis on avail SW/HW components
- Expand automation framework in order to integrate splunk logs
- Proven track record of picking up new and complex technologies.
- Highly motivated and passionate about SW QA testing with 7+ years of work experience in Information Technology field, focusing on QualityAssurance processes methodologies.
- Well-organized and a self-starter with good accountability, having the ability to workindependently or as part of a
- Strong experience in programming with any one of the languages – Python or any other scripting language
- Experience with major software test automation tools such as Selenium webdriver and Appium for testing iOS/iPad applications
- Exposure to hardware testing and embedded systems are highly desirable
- Experience in using test frameworks in a CI/CD environment - Jenkins, GitLab
- Experience in at least one of the API/Unit test automation frameworks – PyTest, Selenium
- Extensive experience in using various bug tracking, source control and build release tools, like JIRA, GIT, Jenkins, etc.
- Strong understanding of web-development technologies, writing SQL queries, HTML, CSS, JS, HTTP protocol, debugging tools like Postman.
- Exposure to testing video conferencing or streaming solutions is highly desirable
- Prior experience with Scrum, Agile Methodology
- Exposure to healthcare/clinical applications, understanding of HIPAA mandates is an added plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
WORK LOCATION: SANTA CLARA, CA
Avail Medsystems provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.