Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Avail Medsystems is a pioneering medical technology company that is reinventing how medical procedures are supported by industry and clinicians. We are committed to delivering HIPAA compliant real-time video conferencing solutions that improve the quality, and lower the cost, of procedural care delivery. Our first-generation Avail Systems are currently being used to support procedures in the United States. Physicians are able to instantly connect with enhanced on demand support that is better than being there, with added capabilities such as the ability to annotate over live or paused video. We are looking for self-starters, who are good team players, to join us as we transform when, where and how procedural support is delivered.
The Senior Machine Learning Engineer will design and develop next generation media platform, which will have cutting-edge technologies like computer vision, AI/ML, video & audio processing , coding/encoding/decoding/compression, media players, conferencing system, scaling, recording, screen casting, streaming, conferencing, cloud, micro services, parallel computing and GPU. This position reports to Director of Media & AI and is located at our headquarters in Santa Clara, CA. Remote employment is not an option.
- Develop algorithms and find solutions to complex problems
- Requirement Capture, Analysis, Design and Development
- Work in Agile development environment
- Take full ownership of projects from conception to production
- Collaborating with engineers across functional teams.
- Follow coding standard, maintain code quality, write automated testing and execute engineering best practices
- Expert level coding skills with C/C++/C++17.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- Expert knowledge of machine learning / deep learning algorithms: classification, clustering, regression, reinforcement learning, feature extraction, object detection, face detection, document processing, text detection, Bayesian modeling, algorithm design and theory of computation.
- Excellent working knowledge of TensorFlow, Keras , PyTorch.
- Designing and implementing algorithms to solve critical problems related to media/data and improve processing, memory, systems, platform resources and scale.
- Background in audio and digital signal processing.
- Familiarity with microservices, cloud, Kubernetes and API.
- Have a good understanding of concepts like concurrency, parallelism, event driven architecture.
- Experience in designing and developing large scale distributed systems.
- Experience integrating 3rd party SDK’s and media solutions.
- Experience working on Android/Linux platform, GPU and board bring up is a plus.
- PhD/MS/BS in Computer Science or a related degree.
Desired Skills, Not required:
- Experience with media platforms, WebRTC, cloud computing platforms, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine or similar.
- Experience with technologies like Splunk, ELK stack.
- Prior experience with Scrum, Agile Methodology.
- Exposure to healthcare/clinical applications, understanding of HIPAA mandates is an added plus.
Work Location: Santa Clara, Ca
Avail Medsystems provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Something looks off?