iOS Design Engineer
What do we believe in?
At BeReal, we are building the first social network where people spontaneously share their real life. No filters. No followers. Just friends, sharing with each other. On BeReal, you discover your friends' real lives and get closer to them!
BeReal is a fast-paced environment with ambitious, committed, and caring colleagues. We are a small team of 50+ people all around the world. BeReal will be the place for you if you are looking for a place to grow both technically and as an individual.
What you’ll do
As a Design Engineer, you will be responsible for translating user needs and design concepts into interactive prototypes and interfaces. You will collaborate closely with the design and development teams to create intuitive and visually appealing user experiences. Your expertise in Prototyping and SwiftUI will play a critical role in the direction and success of BeReal.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including designers, product managers, and developers, to understand user requirements and translate them into effective interactive prototypes.
- Utilize your expertise in SwiftUI to build high-fidelity prototypes that accurately represent the intended user experience.
- Implement and refine user interface designs, ensuring consistency and adherence to design guidelines and best practices.
- Iterate on designs based on feedback from stakeholders, conducting user testing and incorporating user feedback to enhance the usability and accessibility of the prototypes.
- Collaborate with developers to ensure smooth handoff and implementation of the design concepts and interactions.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends, techniques, and best practices in UX design and prototyping, particularly in relation to SwiftUI and other relevant tools and frameworks.
- Advocate for user-centered design principles, raising awareness and ensuring the importance of UX in the development process.
What you’ll bring:
- Proven experience as a Design Engineer, UX Engineer, UI Designer, or similar role, with a strong focus on prototyping and user-centered design.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles, interaction design, and information architecture
- Proficiency in prototyping tools, with specific expertise in SwiftUI.
- Strong knowledge of iOS development and platform-specific design patterns.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to communicate design concepts effectively and present ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
How do we work?
Where you’ll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our team to find a work mode that is best for them! We trust our team members to get great work done.
- We have an office based in Paris and if you are in Europe you would be expected to come to the office for a few days each month (it's fun to get to know everyone)
- Where in the world? For this role, we are looking for someone based in France, Spain, UK, Portugal, New York (or other Eastern Timezone locations in North America)
- Full flexibility: full remote, partial or in office (if you are in Europe)
- Competitive compensation and equity for full time employees (we want you to have ownership in the business)
- Anything that can help you grow in your role or beyond, it's on us
- health coverage for you, and equal parental leave policy
- Generous vacation (everyone needs meaningful time off)
- Pick your work material - whatever supports you to do your best work
Our First Principles:
- Extreme Ownership
We are building a small team from scratch and are determined to build the most trustful social network to connect people together. So if you recognize yourself in this description, please contact us to introduce yourself.
P.S: We are building a diverse team. It's OK if you don't tick all the boxes. If you're talented and highly motivated, we'd still like to hear from you