Senior iOS Engineer
Working At Bitso
We are a diverse team that takes pride in understanding the perspectives of others. We fully embrace working remotely and we are eager to act, improve and accelerate progress inside and outside of our organization.
To drive revolutionary changes in society and make crypto useful, we delight our customers with world-class products, deep care, and intentional empathy.
You will be part of a high-performing multicultural team, that is focused in delivering high standard quality products, collaborating with colleagues across a variety of disciplines. You will be a key player within the squad to ensure the shape of the product has strong technical foundations, and aligns with the capabilities of the rest of the squad engineers, taking into consideration other key stakeholders or limitations.
You will also be an active participant in the iOS guild, to bring to the table improvements to the current iOS stack, encourage adoption of relevant, latest technologies, and contribute to the definition & implementation of best practices.
Squad Engineering Manager
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience in iOS development
- Advanced English level
- Experience working on mobile applications at scale. Related technologies and frameworks include Swift, UIKit, etc.
- Understanding of packaging/build systems (CocoaPods / Swift Package Manager)
- Strong knowledge REST based services
- Practical knowledge on iOS design patterns such as, MVVM, MVVM-C
- Experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit testing techniques
- Experience with feature toggling, deeplinks, & continuous integration
- Experience with multithreading programming and mobile memory management
- Familiarity with basic concepts of UX/UI
- Familiarity, or interest in learning about, trading, currencies, & digital financial services
- Proven track record in presenting ideas and strategies to leadership and stakeholders
What You Will Do
- Work closely with our product and design teams to build new and innovative application experiences for the iOS platform
- Analyze and optimize UI and infrastructure application code for quality, efficiency, and performance
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest iOS programming techniques
- Build reusable iOS software components for interfacing with our back-end platforms
- Collaborate closely with back-end & web engineers to ensure quality of the product across platforms
- Engage in squad conversation with other stakeholders to communicate expectations, blockers, updates or concerns
Who We Are
With over 7 million users, Bitso is the leading cryptocurrency platform in Latin America. We are developing the cryptocurrency ecosystem in the region and enabling financial inclusion. We believe crypto is the future of finance, and we’re committed to making it useful by providing equal access to safe and intuitive financial products.
We are here to make a lasting impact on our customer’s lives and we do so by embracing our core values:
- Be Human: we delight our customers through great products, deep care and true empathy. We are humble and we take pride in understanding the views of others to help us see the full picture.
- Drive Change: we're fearless pioneers committed to unlocking the crypto revolution for humanity. We move fast, take risks and work together to drive lasting impact.
- Choose Bold Honesty: we seek the truth, especially when it’s uncomfortable, in our teams, products and business reality because that will uncover where we need to focus.
- Be An Owner: our sense of urgency makes us have a bias towards action, where we prioritize exceptionally and are wise in allocating our time to ensure we always deliver creative and innovative results.
Learn more about our culture and values.
Compensation & Benefits
At Bitso, you are taking the front seat on the edge of crypto innovation, creating the next generation of crypto-powered products.
So for those willing to commit, adapt and pioneer the most important change of the century we offer:
- Me Time program, including unlimited paid time off.
- Remote-first work environment.
- Employee Stock Option program.
- Zero trading fees through our Bitso app.
- Extended Family Leave policy: all birthing parents, non-birthing parents and adopting parents are eligible for a 4-months leave.
- Premium health, dental and life insurances in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
- Mental wellness platform.
- Volunteering days.
- Subsidized caregiving for children, adults or pets.
- Monthly stipend for gym memberships, relaxation activities, sports equipment, cooking classes, books, entertainment and more.
Want to leave an undoubtedly legacy with us? Fasten your seatbelt and join this spaceship, where you will find exponential growth and the opportunity to thrive!
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.
- This role is expected to work remotely.