Senior Product Manager
Working At Bitso
We are a diverse team that takes pride in understanding the perspectives of others. We fully embrace working remotely and we are eager to act, improve and accelerate progress inside and outside of our organization.
To drive revolutionary changes in society and make crypto useful, we delight our customers with world-class products, deep care, and intentional empathy.
At Bitso, Product Managers (PMs) are key players in building and delivering great products that add value to our customers. They are accountable for doing so with a team composed of people with different functions. Among the key stakeholders, you may find software developers, designers, data scientists, Sales, and many others. PMs are also responsible for the speed and quality of the team’s decisions in order to maximize customer value and business impact. Truly great PMs at the Institutional Tribe will, over time, shoulder ever-greater ownership responsibility for realizing the Bitso's vision of building the infrastructure for the future of money.
As a Senior Product Manager (SPM) you will be working closely with sales, customers, and engineers to learn about the market and customer needs and build the products that will deliver value to our customers.
Who You Are
Failure to meet any of the following required qualifications could result in an automatic rejection.
- Proven English fluency.
- 4+ years of experience within the fintech or payments industry, preferably in Mexico.
- 2-3 years of experience working as a Product Manager or Sr Product Manager, preferably in startups following agile methodologies.
- Product Managers at Bitso turn data into action, therefore we will consider candidates that can prove to be Analytically minded, Ability to build strong relationships of trust across distinct stakeholders, navigating the added complexity of working across geos in a global business, and in a remote environment
- Ability to turn incomplete, conflicting or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Product manager at Bitso are often in the need of convincing, explaining and negotiating. For that reason we want you to have excellent communication skills in both spanish and english.
- Great willingness to learn and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Crypto experience is not a requirement. However, you will be expected to be a fast learner
- You’re intellectually curious and think creatively
- Experience working with B2B products/industries (having direct contact with business customers, understanding their needs, pain points, and aligning an action plan with them) and / or crypto or financial services would be a plus.
What You Will Do
- Drive product development – from conception to launch – of the products and product solutions you are accountable for, including complex “0 to 1” new platform capabilities
- Support the building up of business cases for new products and product iterations
- Ensure that the Institutional Tribe’s and your team’s Objectives are achieved, proactively eliminating blockers and executing solutions
- Keep updated with the regulatory landscape, regularly engaging with the legal and compliance teams to ensure our products are compliant with applicable laws and regulations
- Develop a deep understanding of customers by data analysis and customer interviews.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative insights to develop hypotheses and make product decisions. You also know when and how to balance data with intuition
- Define, prioritize and communicate long-term product goals, breaking them down into tangible hypotheses/deliverables
- Craft compelling product proposals with strong business case to gain the buy-in of an executive audience
- Partner with engineers, designers, sales, marketing, customer operations, strategy, and analytics teams
- Define, guide and execute our product strategy to deliver tools that empower our customers
- Define clear success metrics, and support your team to achieve them
- Communicate and collaborate with leaders from multiple disciplines and across multiple product lines
- Contribute to others’ growth through mentoring and building capabilities across the organization, rolling up your sleeves to support any teammate in need
- Work towards building a strong product culture where your team understands the importance of continuous testing and learning, leveraging data and customer feedback to come up with actionable insights and drive business performance.
- Be the voice of your teams across the organization
- Deeply understand market landscape, competitors and trends that can impact your products and Bitso as a whole
Who We Are
With over 7 million users, Bitso is the leading cryptocurrency platform in Latin America. We are developing the cryptocurrency ecosystem in the region and enabling financial inclusion. We believe crypto is the future of finance, and we’re committed to making it useful by providing equal access to safe and intuitive financial products.
We are here to make a lasting impact on our customer’s lives and we do so by embracing our core values:
- Be Human: we delight our customers through great products, deep care and true empathy. We are humble and we take pride in understanding the views of others to help us see the full picture.
- Drive Change: we're fearless pioneers committed to unlocking the crypto revolution for humanity. We move fast, take risks and work together to drive lasting impact.
- Choose Bold Honesty: we seek the truth, especially when it’s uncomfortable, in our teams, products and business reality because that will uncover where we need to focus.
- Be An Owner: our sense of urgency makes us have a bias towards action, where we prioritize exceptionally and are wise in allocating our time to ensure we always deliver creative and innovative results.
Learn more about our culture and values.
Compensation & Benefits
At Bitso, you are taking the front seat on the edge of crypto innovation, creating the next generation of crypto-powered products.
So for those willing to commit, adapt and pioneer the most important change of the century we offer:
- Me Time program, including unlimited paid time off.
- Remote-first work environment.
- Employee Stock Option program.
- Zero trading fees through our Bitso app.
- Extended Family Leave policy: all birthing parents, non-birthing parents and adopting parents are eligible for a 4-months leave.
- Premium health, dental and life insurances in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
- Mental wellness platform.
- Volunteering days.
- Subsidized caregiving for children, adults or pets.
- Monthly stipend for gym memberships, relaxation activities, sports equipment, cooking classes, books, entertainment and more.
Want to leave an undoubtedly legacy with us? Fasten your seatbelt and join this spaceship, where you will find exponential growth and the opportunity to thrive!
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.
- This role is expected to work remotely.