Senior Java Software Engineer, Institutional
Working At Bitso
We are a diverse team that takes pride in understanding the perspectives of others. We fully embrace working remotely and we are eager to act, improve and accelerate progress inside and outside of our organization.
To drive revolutionary changes in society and make crypto useful, we delight our customers with world-class products, deep care, and intentional empathy.
Bitso is looking for a passionate engineer who seeks to drive change, work as a team player, create new and improved engineering solutions, be an owner to their code and ideas, as well as solutions driven from the payments organization, and truly believe in the mission to make crypto useful as a Software Engineer on the Institutional Business Unit where we are building the infrastructure for the future of money.As a Software Engineer, you design, implement, deliver, and maintain code for the most important services in our financial backbone. An Engineer is recognized as a developer, collaborator, and team player within a squad at Bitso. They have a strong track record of working with their fellow engineers to deliver high quality software projects.In Bitso, your highly valued ideas will be translated into solutions that will be shipped immediately and its impact far-reaching. You will join the team and put the best of your engineering abilities to work in a challenging environment while being a team player to help accomplish our goals of making crypto useful.
Quantum squad Engineering Manager, responsible for our trading desk, market makers, Mexico payment ramps for businesses.
Who You Are
- 2+ years of experience working as a Java Software Engineer, Java Developer or similar role
- Working previously with payments development, and have familiarity with financial integrity processes
- You have solid experience integrating with 3rd party providers that involve the flow of funds and integrity of financial services
- Good knowledge of popular Java frameworks like Spring
- Solid software engineering fundamentals in coding, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (Experience with tools like Kubernetes, Gradle, Jenkins, Spinnaker are a great fit)
- Have experience in collaborating and being part of a high-performing team based on an Agile Environment, planning and shipping new products.
- Proficiency in the English language, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- You know Decentralized Finance Protocols (DeFi), layer 2 solutions (Lightning Network, Plasma, rollups), and other products (NFTs) is a plus
- Deeply passionate of Bitso’s mission: Making Crypto Useful
What You Will Do
- Responsible for evolving, building, and maintaining payment services
- Write efficient code based on feature specifications
- Engage in code reviews to maintain the highest level of quality standards
- Test and debug Java applications
- Analyze user and system requirements
- Design flowcharts to illustrate software solutions
- Ship high-performance code designed for big scale, high growth and high visibility markets, for hundreds of thousands of users
- Assure the integrity, solvency, and security of the exchange
#LI-DNI [Is this job confidential? If not, just delete this hashtag]
#LI-[Add here your personal LinkedIn Recruiter tag]
Who We Are
With over 7 million users, Bitso is the leading cryptocurrency platform in Latin America. We are developing the cryptocurrency ecosystem in the region and enabling financial inclusion. We believe crypto is the future of finance, and we’re committed to making it useful by providing equal access to safe and intuitive financial products.
We are here to make a lasting impact on our customer’s lives and we do so by embracing our core values:
- Be Human: we delight our customers through great products, deep care and true empathy. We are humble and we take pride in understanding the views of others to help us see the full picture.
- Drive Change: we're fearless pioneers committed to unlocking the crypto revolution for humanity. We move fast, take risks and work together to drive lasting impact.
- Choose Bold Honesty: we seek the truth, especially when it’s uncomfortable, in our teams, products and business reality because that will uncover where we need to focus.
- Be An Owner: our sense of urgency makes us have a bias towards action, where we prioritize exceptionally and are wise in allocating our time to ensure we always deliver creative and innovative results.
Learn more about our culture and values.
Compensation & Benefits
At Bitso, you are taking the front seat on the edge of crypto innovation, creating the next generation of crypto-powered products.
So for those willing to commit, adapt and pioneer the most important change of the century we offer:
- Me Time program, including unlimited paid time off.
- Remote-first work environment.
- Employee Stock Option program.
- Zero trading fees through our Bitso app.
- Extended Family Leave policy: all birthing parents, non-birthing parents and adopting parents are eligible for a 4-months leave.
- Premium health, dental and life insurances in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
- Mental wellness platform.
- Volunteering days.
- Subsidized caregiving for children, adults or pets.
- Monthly stipend for gym memberships, relaxation activities, sports equipment, cooking classes, books, entertainment and more.
Want to leave an undoubtedly legacy with us? Fasten your seatbelt and join this spaceship, where you will find exponential growth and the opportunity to thrive!
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.
- This role is expected to work remotely.