Senior Frontend Engineer, Core Services
Working At Bitso
We are a diverse team that takes pride in understanding the perspectives of others. We fully embrace working remotely and we are eager to act, improve and accelerate progress inside and outside of our organization.
To drive revolutionary changes in society and make crypto useful, we delight our customers with world-class products, deep care, and intentional empathy.
As our Sr. React.js developer you will be in charge of creating and implementing our new back-office, staff-facing web application with rich, intuitive and intelligent features to improve the experience and productivity of hundreds of bitsonauts.
You will play a key role in defining new ways for our operations areas to interact and resolve issues for our users
Who You Are
- +5 years of experience in frontend application development
- Strong domain and experience with ReactJS Framework
- A professional with excellent verbal and written language communication skills (English language proficiency required)
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest or Vitest
- Software Architecture and Systems Design
- Familiarity with the software engineering development cycle
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git)
- Experience with OAuth 2.0 and OpenID
What You Will Do
- Understand our products' specifications and develop new features
- Ensure code quality, best practices, and coding standards are consistently met through code reviews, testing, and documentation
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers to implement user interface designs
- Stay updated with emerging front-end technologies, tools, and frameworks, and evaluate their potential for enhancing our development process
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks, optimize load times, and ensure an exceptional user experience
- Collaborate with backend developers to define API requirements
Research in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion suggests that individuals may hesitate to apply for jobs if they do not meet all the listed criteria. At Bitso, we value diversity and your unique strengths could be just what we're looking for. If this role excites you but you don't match every point in the description, we still want to hear from you.
Who We Are
With over 7 million users, Bitso is the leading cryptocurrency platform in Latin America. We are developing the cryptocurrency ecosystem in the region and enabling financial inclusion. We believe crypto is the future of finance, and we’re committed to making it useful by providing equal access to safe and intuitive financial products.
We are here to make a lasting impact on our customer’s lives and we do so by embracing our core values:
- Be Human: we delight our customers through great products, deep care and true empathy. We are humble and we take pride in understanding the views of others to help us see the full picture.
- Drive Change: we're fearless pioneers committed to unlocking the crypto revolution for humanity. We move fast, take risks and work together to drive lasting impact.
- Choose Bold Honesty: we seek the truth, especially when it’s uncomfortable, in our teams, products and business reality because that will uncover where we need to focus.
- Be An Owner: our sense of urgency makes us have a bias towards action, where we prioritize exceptionally and are wise in allocating our time to ensure we always deliver creative and innovative results.
Learn more about our culture and values.
Compensation & Benefits
At Bitso, you are taking the front seat on the edge of crypto innovation, creating the next generation of crypto-powered products.
So for those willing to commit, adapt and pioneer the most important change of the century we offer:
- Me Time program, including unlimited paid time off.
- Remote-first work environment.
- Employee Stock Option program.
- Zero trading fees through our Bitso app.
- Extended Family Leave policy: all birthing parents, non-birthing parents and adopting parents are eligible for a 4-months leave.
- Premium health, dental and life insurances in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
- Volunteering days.
- Monthly stipend for gym memberships, relaxation activities, sports equipment, cooking classes, books, entertainment and more.
Want to leave an undoubtedly legacy with us? Fasten your seatbelt and join this spaceship, where you will find exponential growth and the opportunity to thrive!
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.
- This role is expected to work remotely.