Director of Clinical Operations
At Cadence, we believe that a better quality of life – for both our patients and employees – begins with better care.
Cadence helps the nation’s most patient-centric health systems deliver more consistent, proactive healthcare to patients every day. Cadence’s remote patient monitoring and intervention solution couples powerful technology with clinical excellence to provide patients with precise, personal care at home. Whether you are a product manager or registered nurse, a staff engineer or a nurse practitioner, your work will directly impact the quality of life for Cadence patients.
The Cadence Health team is seeking an experienced clinical and operational leader to join the team as our Director of Clinical Operations. Reporting directly to the Head of Care Delivery, this role will partner with Cadence’s health system partners and Cadence’s internal teams to deliver a world-class remote care experience for patients living with chronic conditions.
This individual will focus on operationalizing and executing our clinical growth plans with direct oversight of all clinical roles, including Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, and Clinical Navigators.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead the strategic development, growth, and scaling of the Care Delivery clinical team, including resource needs, capacity planning, and organizational design.
- Manage the clinical team and review, implement, monitor, and measure ongoing operational and clinical processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments to implement and validate new strategies, process improvement, and pilots.
- Ownership of communicating and leading the department through change initiatives.
- Partner closely with Cadence leadership to ensure we operationally execute across the Cadence value levers, meet company and market initiatives, and meet performance standards for clinical and quality outcomes.
- Responsible for providing clinical support, clinical consultation, and advanced practice specialty practice involving all levels of clinical personnel.
- Assess the educational needs of staff and provide continuous competency assessment of staff.
- Ownership of Interviewing and hiring the clinical team while overseeing onboarding and ongoing education (in partnership with the other key leaders).
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare-related field or business administration preferred.
- Nurse Practitioner or comparable clinical background.
- 10+ years operations experience, some of which ideally is in a high-growth startup environment focused on remote monitoring or other health technology-related products.
- 5+ years of people management experience with a proven track record of growing and developing high-functioning teams.
- Experience working effectively with a wide range of stakeholders in a matrixed environment.
- Proven success leading and communicating teams through change and ambiguity with the ability to connect dots across complex and dynamic processes and systems.
- Strategic thinker and strong execution kills. You’re able to sequence events and milestones, plan resources, deliver against tight timelines, and measure progress and success.
- An experienced, inspirational leader with a proven ability to lead and motivate high-performing teams.
- Ability to thrive in an environment founded on trust, autonomy, communication, and feedback.
- Excel in individual and team approach to problem solving.
- Data driven mindset that interprets critical metrics and application of data to make informed decisions.
WHO WE ARE:
- Seeks responsibility — can be trusted and empowered to make decisions and deliver results.
- Loves rolling-up sleeves and going from 0 to 1 — everyone, no matter how senior, contributes meaningfully.
- Extraordinarily candid — delivers and receives feedback with integrity
- Exceeds expectations — goes above and beyond for co-workers, patients, clinicians, hospitals, and communities.
- Never satisfied — keeps iterating and improving; embraces a growth mindset.
- Values speed and quality — understands that both can be done!
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
Cadence recognizes the unique needs of its diverse and distributed workforce, and the team strives to provide an inclusive work environment for its world-class clinicians and technologists.
- Company culture all about impact, shared growth mindset, empowerment, and integrity
- An opportunity to help improve the quality of life of millions of Americans
- Unique chance to support the development of an amazing product; Cadence’s in-house clinicians are our super users and beta testers
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- OneMedical (in-person primary care), TelaDoc (virtual primary care), and TalkSpace (online mental health services) memberships
- Discounted ClassPass memberships
- Competitive PTO
- 401K and 401K match
- Onboarding stipend for remote equipment and home office setup or onsite equipment
- Paid Parental Leave
- Charitable Donation Match program
- Expected compensation range: $150,000-$185,000 annual base salary
- Location: Remote
We are committed to equal opportunity and fairness regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nation of origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, country of citizenship, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, family status, family care status, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws. We also require full vaccination, including a booster, with an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccination for all employees. Cadence provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with a qualifying disability or conflict with a sincerely held religious belief unless doing so would cause undue hardship or fail to eliminate a direct threat.
Something looks off?