Registered Nurse- After Hours Care Team
At Cadence, we believe that a better quality of life – for both our patients and employees – begins with better care.
Cadence partners with the nation’s most patient-centric health systems to deliver life-saving treatment to patients with chronic conditions at scale while lowering the cost of care. Whether you are a Product Manager, Registered Nurse, Staff Engineer, or Nurse Practitioner, your work each day will directly impact the quality of life for patients living with chronic diseases.
The Cadence Health team seeks a Registered Nurse that will be responsible for appropriately monitoring and triaging patients based on vitals and alerts; supporting the management of patient treatment plans and medications in collaboration with Cadence NPs and the patient's Physician.
A core part of this role includes fielding inbound patient calls and managing patient alerts after normal core business hours during the following schedule: Saturday (7am to 8pm), Sunday (9am to 10pm), and Monday (6pm to 7am). All times in Eastern Standard Time.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
For incoming calls after hours:
- Respond to inbound patient clinical questions and escalations by phone (and/or text message).
- Follow standardized triage protocols for incoming calls and escalate appropriately (e.g. Schmitt - Thompson clinical telephonic triage guidelines). This can range from directing the patient to their clinic after-hours call line for non-urgent needs to sending the patient to the ER and/or dialing 911 for emergencies.
- Support clinical documentation for the patients’ Cadence care team (NP, RN, and Patient Success); including documenting patient case notes in the Cadence platform and logging tickets/follow-up tasks in ZenDesk (dedicated ZenDesk training provided).
For patient alerts that come inbound into Cadence after hours:
- Follow up with patients with abnormal readings to gather more information on their clinical status and triage appropriately.
- Monitor patient vitals, symptoms, and labs to identify patients in need of clinical interventions and appropriate escalation.
- Clinical documentation on alert resolution/follow-ups in the Cadence platform.
- Additional administrative support as needed: Follow up with patients who need rescheduling, reach out to patients who have had lapses in taking their vitals and other administrative work.
- Ensure every healthcare interaction with Cadence is an exceptional experience that prioritizes the well-being of the patient and aligns with the goals of our health system partners.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- RN compact multi-state license and willingness to expand state licensure if needed as Cadence adds new markets.
- 3+ years experience treating patients with chronic conditions including CHF, Hypertension, and/ or Diabetes patients either in an outpatient or inpatient setting.
- Passion for the patient/customer experience and systematically improving healthcare with digital innovation.
- Independent thinker/operator (comfortable working in a less structured environment).
WHO WE ARE:
Interested in knowing what it is like to be a part of the Cadence team? You can read about life at Cadence in specific roles on our blog. To be successful at Cadence, employees must fully embrace our distributed workforce culture and company values. A Cadence employee:
- Seeks responsibility — can be trusted and empowered to make decisions and deliver results.
- Loves rolling up their sleeves and going from 0 to 1 — everyone, no matter how senior, contributes meaningfully.
- Displays extraordinary candor — delivers and receives feedback with integrity.
- Exceeds expectations — goes above and beyond for co-workers, patients, clinicians, hospitals, and communities.
- Is never satisfied — keeps iterating & improving and embraces a growth mindset.
- Values speed & quality — understands that both can be done!
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
Cadence recognizes the unique needs of its diverse, distributed workforce and seeks to provide an inclusive work environment for its world-class clinicians and technologists.
- Company culture all about impact, shared growth mindset, empowerment, and integrity
- An opportunity to help improve the quality of life of millions of Americans
- Unique chance to support the development of an amazing product; Cadence’s in-house clinicians are our super users and beta testers
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- OneMedical (in-person primary care), TelaDoc (virtual primary care), and TalkSpace (online mental health services) memberships
- Discounted ClassPass memberships
- Competitive PTO
- 401K and 401K match
- Onboarding stipend for remote equipment and home office setup or onsite equipment
- Paid Parental Leave
- Charitable Donation Match program
- Expected compensation range: $80,000-$85,000 annual base salary
- Location: Remote
We are committed to equal opportunity and fairness regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nation of origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, country of citizenship, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, family status, family care status, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws. We also require full vaccination, including a booster, with an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccination for all employees. Cadence provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with a qualifying disability or conflict with a sincerely held religious belief unless doing so would cause undue hardship or fail to eliminate a direct threat.