Full Stack Engineer III, Python
About the team & opportunity
What’s so great about working on Calendly’s Engineering team?
We make things possible for our customers through impactful innovation.
Why do we need you? Well, we are looking for a Full Stack Engineer who will bring deep technical know-how, product thinking, and enthusiasm to our team. You will report to one of our Engineering Managers and will be responsible for building and scaling the most innovative recruiting software on the market.
A day in the life of a Full Stack Engineer at Calendly
As a Full Stack Engineer at Calendly, you deliver powerful scheduling software to free up coordinators to focus on candidates instead of playing email tag and calendar Tetris. You enjoy building products end-to-end and coding the full stack. Top candidates are proactive, product-minded, and empathetic.
You and your team members impact every aspect of development from design to delivery to maintenance. You write well-tested software and are looking to grow into a full stack specialist. You are comfortable working in numerous technologies such as React, TypeScript, Python, PostgreSQL, Flask, Docker, and more.
On a typical day, you will be working on:
- Delivering features end-to-end while collaborating with our design and product teams
- Building your domain expertise in recruiting and scheduling
- Flexing your problem solving muscles to implement intuitive and performant features
- Reviewing tech specs and pull requests from team members
- Advocating strong foundations in technical architecture while maintaining high velocity
- Improving our engineering systems and processes
What do we need from you?
- 5+ years of software development experience at a SaaS or technology company
- You have experience building UIs with modern web frameworks; our frontend is built with React and TypeScript
- You have a firm grasp on updating web servers and databases; our backend consists of Python, Flask, and PostgreSQL
- You are excited to design simple software systems to sophisticated problems
- You strive to craft clean, reliable and highly maintainable code
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
What’s in it for you?
Ready to make a serious impact? Millions of people already rely on Calendly’s products, and we’re still in the midst of our growth curve — it’s a phenomenal time to join us. Everything you’ll work on here will accelerate your career to the next level. If you want to learn, grow, and do the best work of your life alongside the best people you’ve ever worked with, then we hope you’ll consider allowing Calendly to be a part of your professional career.
Our Hiring Process:
Typically, individuals will participate in the following interview process. However, there may be slight nuances given the role and or department we are hiring for. Please keep in mind that individuals can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified individuals will be invited to schedule a phone interview with a member of our recruiting team. This is a great time to ask any initial questions you have about the company or the role.
- Next, we’ll put you in direct contact with your potential manager. You’ll get a chance to learn even more about life at Calendly, the responsibilities within your role, and the qualities needed to succeed here.
- Then, we will send a take home test where you can highlight your skills.
- Next, or in parallel, you’ll meet with your potential team members.
- Finally, we connect with those you’ve worked with before, to learn more about the impact you can make, the value you bring, and the best way to set you up for success at Calendly.
We aim to provide an inclusive and equitable experience to everyone who expresses interest in working at Calendly. The recruiter assigned to this role will keep you informed every step of the way. Have questions? Let your recruiter know! Want to share your experience? We are passionately committed to improving and building on our process, and we consider feedback a gift.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com.
This specific role is not eligible for employment in California or Hawaii. Note that all individual roles will specify location eligibility.
Candidates residing in California may visit our Notice at Collection for California Candidates here: Notice at Collection