Senior FP&A Analyst
About the team & opportunity
What’s so great about working on Calendly’s Operations team?
We are the infrastructure of our business that allows us to scale to new heights.
Why do we need you? Well, we are looking for a Senior FP&A Analyst who will bring financial modeling expertise, the ability to work cross functionally and the strong communications skills needed to explain sophisticated issues in an understandable way. You will report to the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis and will be responsible for financial reporting and enabling budget execution & optimization to deliver growth and efficiencies across the company with the primary area of responsibility being our Sales, Marketing, and Success organizations.
A day in the life of a Senior FP&A Analyst at Calendly
You will operate cross-functionally to deliver exceptional results through operational improvement, enhanced management reporting, providing key access to data, and by acting as a subject matter expert for expense management for the GTM (sales, marketing, and customer success) function you are supporting.
On a typical day, you will be working on:
- Becoming embedded with business partners (both in Finance and across other functions), establishing trust and gaining an understanding of relevant business drivers
- Demonstrating intellectual curiosity and manage interdependencies on other company processes to meet work deadlines
- Developing repeatable and scalable reporting
- Building, maintaining and improving complex financial models; summarizing and presenting financial performance to stakeholders
- Researching financial results, distill and synthesize key messages to business partners
- Assisting with ad-hoc analysis and presentation requests
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related fields
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Understanding of GTM functions including sales, marketing, and customer success
- Advanced Excel experience and experience in financial modeling; proficiency in G-Suite tools. Experience with Netsuite and Adaptive Insights is a plus.
- Critical math and analytic skills and a proven ability to execute complicated models to support business growth and understanding
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast paced, quickly changing environment
- Ability to work cross functionally and an ability to influence at all levels within the organization
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to explain complex issues in an understandable way
- Highly motivated, self-aware, collaborative, and responsive
- Big 4 experience and/or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification preferred
- *Based in the San Diego area (preferred) This role is supporting a business group geographically located in San Diego, CA. As such, we are seeking candidates that currently reside in the San Diego, CA area.
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
What’s in it for you?
Ready to make a serious impact? Millions of people already rely on Calendly’s products, and we’re still in the midst of our growth curve — it’s a phenomenal time to join us. Everything you’ll work on here will accelerate your career to the next level. If you want to learn, grow, and do the best work of your life alongside the best people you’ve ever worked with, then we hope you’ll consider allowing Calendly to be a part of your professional career.
Our Hiring Process:
Typically, individuals will participate in the following interview process. However, there may be slight nuances given the role and or department we are hiring for. Please keep in mind that individuals can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified individuals will be invited to schedule a phone interview with a member of our recruiting team. This is a great time to ask any initial questions you have about the company or the role.
- Next, we’ll put you in direct contact with your potential manager. You’ll get a chance to learn even more about life at Calendly, the responsibilities within your role, and the qualities needed to succeed here.
- Then, you will perform an interview exercise, where you can highlight your skills.
- Next, or in parallel, you’ll meet with your potential team members.
- Finally, we connect with those you’ve worked with before, to learn more about the impact you can make, the value you bring, and the best way to set you up for success at Calendly.
We aim to provide an inclusive and equitable experience to everyone who expresses interest in working at Calendly. The recruiter assigned to this role will keep you informed every step of the way. Have questions? Let your recruiter know! Want to share your experience? We are passionately committed to improving and building on our process, and we consider feedback a gift.
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are located in Hawaii, you will not be eligible for employment.
Candidates residing in California may visit our Notice at Collection for California Candidates here: Notice at Collection
Compensation is based on a variety of factors including but not limited to location, experience, and job-related skills. In addition, Calendly offers a wide range of best in class total rewards. This includes comprehensive employee benefits like healthcare, dental, vision, parental leave, 401(k) match, paid time off, and much more. At Calendly we believe exceptional performance deserves exceptional rewards! During the hiring process, we are committed to sharing details about the compensation range for the position, enabling you to make an informed decision.
Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus/commission, equity, or benefits.