Lead Product Manager, Core Scheduling
About the team & opportunity
What’s so great about working on Calendly’s Product team?
We strive to design a seamless product experience that delights our customers.
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. We’re continually looking for top talent to join our team as we help shape the future of our product.
As a Lead Product Manager on the Core Scheduling team, you will directly influence Calendly and help the company realize its vision of becoming a multi-product suite offering. This will be a dynamic role, with high demands on clear communication, product sense, customer centricity, and ability to influence across multiple stakeholder groups. This person will be charged with driving the strategy, roadmap, and execution on one of our most important product initiatives at Calendly.
A day in the life of a Lead Product Manager at Calendly
This position will report to our Head of Product, Core. You will be working in an environment where collaboration is key to the best ideas, and you will be encouraged to use your creativity and drive to bring new features and ideas to market! You will work closely with engineering, design, sales, product marketing, customer experience and product leadership to ensure our defined growth, product/business outcomes, and customer satisfaction goals are met.
On a typical day, you will:
- Drive Calendly's growth by understanding customer needs, crafting a strategic product roadmap, and leading execution for one of our newest product initiatives
- Be responsible for end-to-end feature delivery, writing prioritized feature requirements, and partnering cross-functionally with R&D stakeholders (design, research, engineering) to build a new 0-to-1 product
- Partner closely with our go-to-market teams (marketing, customer success, sales, finance) to ensure successful product launches across multiple customer segments
- Drive up awareness, adoption, continual engagement and retention of new use cases that unlock more product capabilities within Calendly
- Define and measure the relevant objectives and key results (OKRs) and key performance measures to support the core scheduling strategy and roadmap decisions
What do we need from you?
- A minimum of 8-10 years of varied PM experiences across both startups and scaled companies; bonus points if you have been a founder in a SaaS company
- Keen product sense, UX design experience with a deep empathy for customers; highly motivated to build delightful and frictionless experiences for customers; bonus if you have used AI/ML to bring these experiences to life
- Experience in building 0-to-1 SaaS products and scaling from 1-to-100 in a product-led-growth environment
- Deep understanding and demonstrated experience building and monetizing teams-based productivity solutions in either a B2C or B2B.
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
What’s in it for you?
Ready to make a serious impact? Millions of people already rely on Calendly’s products, and we’re still in the midst of our growth curve — it’s a phenomenal time to join us. Everything you’ll work on here will accelerate your career to the next level. If you want to learn, grow, and do the best work of your life alongside the best people you’ve ever worked with, then we hope you’ll consider allowing Calendly to be a part of your professional career.
Our Hiring Process:
Typically, individuals will participate in the following interview process. However, there may be slight nuances given the role and or department we are hiring for. Please keep in mind that individuals can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified individuals will be invited to schedule a phone interview with a member of our recruiting team. This is a great time to ask any initial questions you have about the company or the role.
- Next, we’ll put you in direct contact with your potential manager. You’ll get a chance to learn even more about life at Calendly, the responsibilities within your role, and the qualities needed to succeed here.
- Then, you will perform an interview exercise, where you can highlight your skills.
- Next, or in parallel, you’ll meet with your potential team members.
- Finally, we connect with those you’ve worked with before, to learn more about the impact you can make, the value you bring, and the best way to set you up for success at Calendly.
We aim to provide an inclusive and equitable experience to everyone who expresses interest in working at Calendly. The recruiter assigned to this role will keep you informed every step of the way. Have questions? Let your recruiter know! Want to share your experience? We are passionately committed to improving and building on our process, and we consider feedback a gift.
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are located in Hawaii, you will not be eligible for employment.
Candidates residing in California may visit our Notice at Collection for California Candidates here: Notice at Collection
Compensation is based on a variety of factors including but not limited to location, experience, and job-related skills. In addition, Calendly offers a wide range of best in class total rewards. This includes comprehensive employee benefits like healthcare, dental, vision, parental leave, 401(k) match, paid time off, and much more. At Calendly we believe exceptional performance deserves exceptional rewards! During the hiring process, we are committed to sharing details about the compensation range for the position, enabling you to make an informed decision.
Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus/commission, equity, or benefits.