Posted on Sunday, July 9, 2023
We're looking for senior product engineers to help us build the most flexible and easy to use number crunching tool.
We have to solve various difficult engineering/UX problems:
Our spreadsheet-esque frontend interface: This interface comes with a slew of UI/UX challenges to support complex functionality without being complicated, and needs to be incredibly performant. Causal needs a low floor and a high ceiling — it should be simple enough for anyone to get started with, but powerful enough for really complex use-cases.
Our dashboarding and data visualisation capabilities: We have to allow users to create beautiful charts and tables to communicate with numbers.
I would love to chat if you are up for the challenge!
- Understand the product and the customer's needs in detail
- Translate functional requirements into maintainable, well-tested, and performant code
- Help set up processes to guarantee the long-term success of Causal's engineering team
- Play a crucial role in setting the direction of Causal's product, as well as the company and culture
- Have 2+ years software engineering experience building complex products
- Have experience at a Series A - D start-up
- Have experience with (parts of) our frontend tech stack: React/Redux/Apollo/Typescript
- Be able to write clean + maintainable code with attention to performance, but also be able to ship quickly + scrappily when the occasion calls for it
- Be comfortable shipping features end-to-end, from defining the product spec to deploying to production
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Unlimited PTO
- Equipment stipend to support your home office needs
- Generous monthly remote wellness stipend, which can be used flexibly for daily lunch, gym membership, co-working, etc.
- Generous annual learning and development stipend
- Company retreats twice a year
- Remote-first (United States, Canada, United Kingdom) with physical spaces in London and NYC
We're building a new way to think and work with numbers. Causal is a tool for performing calculations, visualising data, and communicating with numbers. We take the good parts of spreadsheets and combine them with the good parts of programming, to make number-crunching fast, collaborative, and accessible to everyone. We are well-funded by some great VCs (Accel, Coatue, Passion Capital) and angel investors (Naval Ravikant, Scott Belsky, and many more) across the US and Europe.
We are a globally distributed team working remotely with members of our team on both sides of the Atlantic.