Growth Marketing Lead
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Marketing Manager to join Checkr X, our innovation program aimed at bringing to market new products at Checkr, beyond background checks. The entire worker journey is ripe for disruption, and our vision is to build the People People infrastructure for the future of work.
We currently have two products live in early access. Checkr Pay, a full-service payments platform for the gig economy, that allows the workforce to get paid instantly at no cost to the platform or the worker and Corridor, an Applicant Tracking System and onboarding solution that allows companies to build delightful worker onboarding experiences, reducing Candidate drop-off.
We designed the teams working on those products with autonomy and speed in mind, think about joining a startup within a startup!
As the first marketing hire, you will be supporting both initiatives, and wearing multiple hats across the marketing function, with a focus on Product Marketing and Customer Marketing.
- Conduct partner, customer, and market research to identify new opportunities and support GTM strategy
- Develop marketing content to enable our Sales AEs
- Collaborate with our Core Marketing team as well as extended Revenue teams
- Build and run demand gen campaigns with our existing customers base and new prospects
- Develop relationships with customers and work with cross-functional teams to surface, celebrate, and amplify early customers and their inspiring stories in testimonials, referrals, speaking engagements, videos, media, and more!
- Voice of the customer - advocate for the customer and consistently conduct interviews and surveys to understand pain points and areas of opportunity and strengths
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a B2B SaaS company
- Passion for understanding and advocating for customers and partners, along with a knack for building champions within internal cross-functional teams
- Experience building the strategy for and executing customer lifecycle programs with strong results
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Creative problem solving, with an ability to thrive in fast-paced and ambiguous environments, juggle multiple initiatives successfully, and show adeptness at leveraging data to inform recommendations
- Both big-picture thinking and hands-on, attention to detail, with a bias for action
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to turn projects around quickly
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Ability to manage and drive cross-functional work
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The salary range for this role is $73,980-$133,900
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.