Staff Software Engineer, Monetization
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized as one of BuiltIn's 2023 Best Places to Work in the US and is a Y Combinator 2023 Breakthrough Company and Top Company by Valuation.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Senior Staff Software Engineer, Monetization to facilitate the long-term design of Checkr’s Quote-to-Cash system and to lead critical cross-organizational initiatives, including driving Checkr’s first versioning strategy. In this role, you will work across multiple departments such as Revenue Operations, Finance, Sales, and the entire R&D organization to deeply understand the Monetization domain, customer needs, as well as internal stakeholders, and work across all teams to ensure that our Monetization solution is a best-in-class, and scalable solution.
- Facilitate the long-term architecture of our Quote-to-Cash solution
- Drive the architecture design for the end-to-end Monetization solution
- Deeply understand customer, and internal partner team needs
- Ensure the quality, reliability, and scalability of our services
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in designing and implementing new features
- Partner with Product and management in project planning, focusing on timeline and scoping
- Lead and influence internal partner teams to the right solution and advocate for best practices
- Mentor senior members of the engineering team to be leaders
What you bring:
- 3+ years leading design and implementation of large system in the Monetization Space
- 5+ years experience in a leadership role
- 10+ years experience as a software engineer
- Experience in Ruby on Rails
- Experience in Designing business architecture and technical architecture
- Deep understanding of the Monetization domain
- Strong collaboration, communication and project management skills
- Deep understanding of microservices design and financial solutions
- Experience leading and influencing cross-functional teams
- A strong sense of ownership
- A great desire to learn, collaborate, improve, and innovate
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. The salary range for this role is $156,468 to $325,680.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.