Enterprise Account Executive - Checkr Pay
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized as one of BuiltIn's 2023 Best Places to Work in the US and is a Y Combinator 2023 Breakthrough Company and Top Company by Valuation.
About the team/role
As the Enterprise Account Executive - Checkr Pay, you will work as part of an account team responsible for driving growth, value, and partnership with our largest strategic customers (8 figure revenue). We are currently looking for a curious and driven Enterprise Account Executive to align to new logo prospecting with the Enterprise segment (10-100K employee size) . We are looking for someone willing to prospect into the Enterprise and land new logos as well as work on existing accounts to uncover upside. Split will be 75% New Logo / 25% Account Management.
You'll help us grow revenue by stewarding an incredible customer journey while working with fellow Customer Success professionals that succeed through collaboration, grit, and constant learning. You’ll need to get in the trenches to maintain productivity, motivation, and passion for the mission. You will also partner directly with the customer’s leadership team through polished communication and strong executive presence, allowing you to act as a trusted advisor and advocate while seeking out opportunities for growth.
What you’ll do
- Build account plans for your named accounts that align with Checkr Pay’s set strategy and identify key decision makers, regional approaches, buying processes, current investment, product utilization and new revenue opportunities
- Drive sales within assigned segment (Enterprise), both account management and new business
- Be a consultative trusted advisor for the customer by building in depth relationships and understanding the business goals and objectives
- Drive customer value, and create a roadmap for increasing account revenues through increased adoption of Checkr products and services within different business units
- Collaborate with Technical Account Managers, Program Managers, Engineering and Product teams from Checkr and Client to establish and deliver shared product roadmap
- Close opportunities at assigned existing accounts and drive sales at new accounts, hunt for and prospect into new logos
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Engineering, Product, Sales, Support and executives) to complete client goals and, in general, be the voice of the Client to provide visibility and/or escalations
- Speak to Checkr Pay offerings as they relate to the customer’s needs and engage other Checkr resources as required
- Manage high-volume of accounts and sales
- Exhibit business acumen and strategic thinking on a high level, with the ability to go deep into an account, and consult on and align with their global strategy
- Exhibit deep and up-to-date knowledge of our product portfolio in order to communicate the benefits of new features and enhancements
- Provide high-quality customer engagement activities for high level break-in, program deployment, quarterly business reviews, ROI conversations, etc
- Negotiate and close all orders with the larger Checkr strategy in mind and provide post-contract support to ensure product delivery and satisfaction
- Partner with and guide the efforts of our internal team to support named accounts in pre-sales and deployment to execute on agreed upon account goals, strategies and tactics for growth and then build territory and account plans for expansion
- Represent both market trends and client needs to the Executive and the Product teams to ensure we are both serving current needs well and evolving our products and portfolio to identify future client needs
- Partner cross-functionally to drive funnel analytics that shows gaps, areas for improvement, and optimizations we can implement through the people, the process, and the systems/products
What you bring
- 10+ years of consultative experience managing large enterprise relationships with deep technical/product needs. You have managed a $15M+ dollar book of business with your company’s largest strategic clients
- You will have a demonstrable track record of quota carrying software or technology sales, large enterprise (10K+ employees) new logo hunting, account management and team leadership experience.
- Experience closing new business accounts and managing existing accounts with large global/multi-national customers, with complex organizational structures
- Experience selling to EVPs, CXOs and end-users (in the same sales cycle) in both individual and team sales environments
- Demonstrated ability to generate and execute against a plan to ensure deep penetration into global accounts
- A creative mindset with the ability to think outside the box to complex situations
- Ability to navigate large organizations’ political landscape to maintain and expand relationships at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - able to simplify complex topics in a friendly and approachable manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and adapt to changing business needs
- You enjoy planning, adjusting, executing, winning, and celebrating as a team
What you’ll get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The on-target earnings range for this role is $170,667 to $355,235.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.