Staff Product Marketing Manager
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized as one of BuiltIn's 2023 Best Places to Work in the US and is a Y Combinator 2023 Breakthrough Company and Top Company by Valuation.
About Tessera Data and this role
Tessera Data is the criminal data product that powers Checkr, as well as other leading consumer reporting agencies and marketplaces (online, and in the world). We’re a well-funded business unit within Checkr that operates with the grit and culture of a startup. We’re on a mission to uncover, launch, and scale new $XXM business lines and are growing our team with people who are bright, passionate, collaborative, and ready to dive in.
In this position, you’ll play an integral role on the Tessera Data Marketing Team, reporting to the Head of Marketing. You’ll tap into high-value skills like representing the voice of the customer, deeply understanding our products and roadmap, and cross-functional project management to develop our product marketing strategy. We have big plans to validate and test three new growth bets in 2024, and you’ll play a huge role in making those initiatives a success.
As the Staff Product Marketing Manager/product marketing leader for Tessera Data, you’ll own long-term product marketing strategy in partnership with Tessera’s Head of Marketing, own day-to-day operations, build relationships with Product, Sales and CS leaders, and scale up a team of PMMs over the coming year. We’re looking for a candidate who brings expertise, versatility, and an enthusiasm for getting into not just the how, but the why behind a product’s story. A top candidate is excited and experienced in bringing new products to market, geeks out on learning new industries, and isn’t afraid to make bold decisions.
What you’ll do
- Develop the high-level product positioning and messaging across a diverse set of buyers and industries for Tessera core products and growth bets.
- Lead the product launch process, managing cross-functional stakeholders and own the GTM launch across marketing channels (including content, demand gen, branding, etc.)
- Partner with Content Marketing to ensure positioning and messaging effectively translate to external mediums. Review performance, and continually optimize.
- Conduct customer and market research for Tessera growth bets alongside Product Management leads. Answer our North Star question, “What can we do with this asset that we haven’t already?”
- Serve as the voice of the customer and resident expert in how our customers gain value from our product lines. Understand their pain and trending industry topics. Use these insights to influence our product roadmap.
- Understand and support our sales channels; partner with our Sales Enablement Mgr to confidently lead internal training and enablement sessions so revenue teams can effectively position our products (inclusive of battlecards, call scripts, etc. materials).
What you bring
- 5+ years of product marketing experience.
- Prior experience bringing new solutions to market, ideally for B2B SaaS products at a high-growth, SLG (sales-led growth) company
- Natural storytelling skills with a gift for writing and the ability to create compelling content that speaks to customer pain points. You have strong attention to detail and an eye for quality design and copy.
- Strong project management skills, ability to inspire cross-functional teams (from an executive level to individual contributor), spearhead complex plans, and present with ease to wide-ranging audiences
- Experience with market segmentation analysis, market sizing, and strategy development
- Highly effective listening and critical thinking skills with deep customer empathy
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced work environments, juggle multiple initiatives successfully, and show adeptness at leveraging data to inform recommendations
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are exceptionally resourceful and creative, with ability to be both strategic and hands-on with a bias for action.
- You are motivated by challenges and your own personal growth.
What you’ll get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The salary range for this role is $122,324-$254,610.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.