VP, Corporate Engineering & Security
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized as one of BuiltIn's 2023 Best Places to Work in the US and is a Y Combinator 2023 Breakthrough Company and Top Company by Valuation.
As the VP of Corporate Engineering and Security at Checkr, you will be responsible for driving the organization’s critical internal and security operations as we scale. The successful candidate will directly oversee IT, Business Systems, Workplace, Business Intelligence, and Information Security. You will be an inspirational leader, strategic thinker, and exceptional manager, directing department leaders and ensuring alignment with Checkr's broader business goals. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will play an integral part in shaping our technology infrastructure, security framework, and employee experience.
What you'll do:
- Provide strategic guidance and direction for IT, Business Systems, Workplace, Business Intelligence, and Information Security by managing department leaders to align with Checkr's business goals
- Design and implement a comprehensive technology strategy addressing all internal systems, infrastructure, and business intelligence needs to support Checkr's current and future requirements
- Lead the creation of effective hybrid workplace strategies, ensuring Checkr's facilities, technology, and practices support productivity and well-being
- Lead the Business Intelligence function to drive data-based decision-making across the organization; affirming data validity, relevance, and accessibility to key stakeholders
- Set policies, standards, and best practices for internal systems, architecture, infrastructure management, and security
- Manage budgets efficiently, handle resources and vendors, and manage contracts for all internal tech and workplace functions
- Champion a culture of innovation and collaboration, attracting and retaining top-tier talent
What you bring:
- 15+ years of experience in corporate engineering with diverse experience across IT management, Business Systems, Business Intelligence, and Information Security
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; advanced degree or relevant certification is a plus
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a proven track record of building, leading and developing high-performing teams in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of modern data and technology infrastructure
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with the ability to inspire teams and drive collaboration
- Past experience managing sizable tech budgets and vendor contracts
- Commitment to promoting innovation, best practices, and a culture of operational excellence
What you'll get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website. The base salary range for this role is $312,000 to $352,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace. Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.