Senior Treasury Analyst
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized as one of BuiltIn's 2023 Best Places to Work in the US and is a Y Combinator 2023 Breakthrough Company and Top Company by Valuation.
About the team/role
As we continue to grow, we are seeking a highly skilled Senior Treasury Analyst to join our finance team and help strategically manage our financial resources. Reporting to the VP of Investor Relations, Treasury, & Risk, this position involves managing cash, liquidity, banking relationships, and investments. The Senior Treasury Analyst will manage Treasury operations, provide valuable insights, conduct financial analysis, and support the organization’s financial objectives. This position will also work closely with the Checkr Pay team, enabling growth for one of our newest products.
What you'll do:
- Cash and FX Management:
- Monitor and forecast daily cash positions to ensure optimal liquidity.
- Execute cash disbursement.
- Identify and implement opportunities to enhance cash flow efficiency.
- Manage and optimize FX requirements.
- Banking relationships:
- Maintain strong banking relationships and manage banking products effectively.
- Manage all bank accounts and appropriate access rights.
- Work with our banking partners to optimize both account costs and returns on cash.
- Investment Management:
- Manage the company's investment portfolio to maximize returns while maintaining safety and liquidity in accordance with our investment policy.
- Financial Analysis:
- Perform in-depth financial analysis to support decision-making and optimize capital allocation.
- Prepare financial reports, budgets, and forecasts, identifying key drivers for performance improvement.
- Process Improvement:
- Identify areas for process enhancement and automation to increase operational efficiency.
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement changes and streamline treasury operations.
- Checkr Pay:
- Partner with the Checkr Pay team to support transactional, pricing, and cash flow considerations driven by customer adoption of the product.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field. A Master's degree or relevant certification (e.g., CFA) is a plus.
- Proven experience as a treasury analyst or in a related financial role, with at least 5 years in treasury functions.
- Experience in a fast growth, dynamic environment.
- Strong knowledge of financial markets, investment strategies, and risk management.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Knowledge of industry regulations and compliance requirements.
What you'll get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Learning and development allowance.
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement.
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services.
- Flexible PTO policy.
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend.
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The base range for this role is $97,538 to $131,963 in Denver.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.