Senior Learning & Development Manager
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized as one of BuiltIn's 2023 Best Places to Work in the US and is a Y Combinator 2023 Breakthrough Company and Top Company by Valuation.
About the team/role
We're looking for a Learning and Development Manager to help us build the future of learning at Checkr! This role on the People Team requires deep subject matter expertise across learning and leadership development to create and scale brand-new development opportunities across all employee populations. You'll need end-to-end L&D experience, including identifying organizational needs, building and launching company-wide learning programs, facilitation, strong written and verbal communication skills, and stakeholder management.
You need experience delivering learning solutions at scale, working with senior leaders, and measuring the impact of talent development initiatives.
This is an exciting time to join the People Team at Checkr! If you are motivated by leveraging existing programming and putting your mark on the future of learning, this is for you!
Join us and be a part of a mission-driven company passionate about investing in our people!
What you'll do:
- Create an internal people manager enablement series for emerging leaders to senior levels.
- Build an employee career development training program.
- Evolve existing leadership development program effectiveness and drive increased adoption.
- Design and launch diversity and inclusion development programs.
- In partnership with the Sr Director, People Experience, and the People Experience team to deliver a comprehensive roadmap to develop the skills, experiences, and knowledge that Checkr employees, managers, and teams need now and in the future.
- Work with business leaders and across the People Team to understand learning and development needs at Checkr.
- Manage vendor relationships and budget for outsourced programming.
What you bring
- Deep expertise in Learning & Development, Leadership Development, or Talent Development experience.
- Proven experience building scalable learning offerings for various audiences (employees, managers, senior leaders, teams).
- Experience designing and delivering on a learning and development strategy that aligns with a broader People team strategy and business priorities.
- Influential at all levels, with strong stakeholder management and experience partnering with different parts of the People and Business teams.
- End-to-end program management skills from needs assessment, design, development, and facilitation.
What you’ll get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The preferred location for this position is San Francisco, CA or Denver, CO.
The salary range for this role is $252,310 to $121,219.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.