Senior Customer Lifecycle Marketing Manager
Checkr builds people infrastructure for the future of work. And we believe everyone should have a fair chance to work. That's why we've designed a faster—and fairer—way to screen job seekers. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr puts modern technology powered by machine learning in the hands of hiring teams, helping thousands of companies like Uber, Instacart, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco to hire great new people with an experience that’s fast, smooth, and safe.
A career at Checkr means collaborating with brilliant minds, disrupting an industry, and opening channels of employment to often overlooked candidates. Checkr has been recognized as one of BuiltIn's 2023 Best Places to Work in the US and is a Y Combinator 2023 Breakthrough Company and Top Company by Valuation.
About the team/role
The Senior Customer Lifecycle Marketing Manager is primarily responsible for increasing the average spend of Checkr’s growing SMB customer base. The person in this role will focus on developing and evaluating customer lifecycle programs that specifically target opportunities to thoughtfully increase a customer’s basket size. This person will work closely with the Product and Product Marketing teams to understand when, where, how, and why a customer can and should choose additional products as part of their background search strategy. Additionally, the person will wor cross functionally with Customer Education, Support, Partnerships, and other revenue teams, when appropriate, to ensure a delightful customer experience across the various SMB audiences.
This is a hands-on role that requires a strong understanding of marketing automation tools and the systems that support lifecycle marketing functionality. The person in this role is responsible for building and maintaining audiences. It is necessary for this person to develop a strong understanding of the data and infrastructure that powers customer lifecycle efforts.
The ideal candidate has solid experience in running marketing programs and an intuitive understanding of customer lifecycle marketing. This person is a self-starter who can seamlessly take a simple value proposition and tease out a multi-channel strategy for revenue.
What you’ll do
- Work with the Product, Product Marketing, and other cross functional teams to identify opportunities for and create scaled marketing programs focused on driving incremental revenue per purchase
- Create content to enable and delight customers with a focus on milestones that support product adoption opportunities
- Develop multi-channel campaigns to upsell and cross-sell with a focus on direct SMB customers as well as customers who utilize Checkr through integrations with our partners
- Execute on test-and-learn opportunities aimed at increasing the effectiveness of new and existing customer lifecycle efforts
- Use a combination of in-platform analytics, customer survey data, and sales data to measure program success and inform future strategy
- Become an expert on the holistic customer experience with Checkr products
- Assist in customer retentions efforts when needed
- Regularly write customer-facing copy for customer emails, in-platform messaging, and more
What you bring
- 4-6 years of marketing experience with 3+ years focused on customer lifecycle marketing in the tech industry (preferably SaaS)
- The ability to demonstrate strong customer empathy and advocate for your position cross functionally
- Analytical understanding of and point of view on customer marketing KPIs, with the ability to create and drive key marketing strategies and decisions
- Strong project/program management skills
- Creative self-starter that imagines and executes successful marketing programs
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- 3-6 years of experience with Marketo or a similar marketing automation tool. Basic understanding of HTML and CSS is a plus
- Experience with Pendo or similar tool is a plus
What you’ll get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The base salary range for this role is $188,190 to $254,610 in San Francisco, CA.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.