Manager, Commercial Sales
Checkr builds people infrastructure for the future of work. And we believe everyone should have a fair chance to work. That's why we've designed a faster—and fairer—way to screen job seekers. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr puts modern technology powered by machine learning in the hands of hiring teams, helping thousands of companies like Uber, Instacart, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco to hire great new people with an experience that’s fast, smooth, and safe.
A career at Checkr means collaborating with brilliant minds, disrupting an industry, and opening channels of employment to often overlooked candidates. Checkr has been recognized as one of BuiltIn's 2023 Best Places to Work in the US and is a Y Combinator 2023 Breakthrough Company and Top Company by Valuation.
About the team/role
As Commercial Sales Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team of Commercial Account Executives to drive new customer acquisition and revenue growth. The Commercial sales motion at Check is in its infancy, and you’ll help shape the future of the motion. You will be responsible for inbound demand conversion, testing most effective deployment of sales in the Commercial space, deepening our partner customer growth, and fostering a healthy outbound motion. You will be part of an elite, professional, and rapidly growing team that succeeds through collaboration, tenacity, and constant improvement.
What you’ll do
- As the leader of the Commercial sales team, you will be responsible for building, hiring, and training a world class sales organization from the ground up
- Take a very hands on approach to management and team efficiency, including shadowing/running sales calls and driving enablement programing to continually upskill our sellers
- You will implement sales process, forecasting, and programs to consistently exceed revenue targets by applying modern sales techniques and processes to efficiently manage customer acquisition through your team’s funnel through to successful revenue generation
- You will partner closely with cross functional supporting teams including solutions, implementations and partner marketing to ensure your team is effectively driving revenue
- You will use your creativity and tenacity to develop and improve how we most effectively drive incremental revenue in the Commercial segment through close partnership with our R&D and Marketing teams
- As a leader in the sales organization, you will contribute directly to the success and growth of the company
- Build a bench of sales talent, promoting growth within Checkr’s broader sales organization
What you bring
- Minimum of 3+ years of successful tech sales management experience
- Experience selling to HRIS/Talent solutions and/or consumption-based business model is a plus
- Demonstrable track record of above target performance for the team, especially in a startup environment
- Operational attention to detail and forecasting consistency
- You’re a voracious problem solver, are able to prioritize and make tough decisions to ensure your team is working on highest impact initiatives
- People love working on your team, you cultivate a team mentality, with the appropriate level of competition, while fostering career growth
- You own your business inside and out. If something is going well, we celebrate and double down. If something needs work, we talk about it and work tirelessly to remedy.
- You’re an excellent communicator up, down and across the business. You know how to ask for help, and you know how to say no when appropriate. You know how to rally your team to dig deep.
- You cultivate a growth mindset for yourself and your team.
What you’ll get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
At Checkr, we believe a hybrid work environment strengthens collaboration, drives innovation, and encourages connection. Our hub locations are Denver, CO, San Francisco, CA, and Santiago, Chile. Individuals are expected to work from the office 2 to 3 days a week. In-office perks are provided, such as lunch four times a week, a commuter stipend, and an abundance of snacks and beverages.
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The on-target earnings range for this role is $175,640 to $237,630 in Denver, CO.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.