Staff Product Manager, Developer Platform
Checkr builds people infrastructure for the future of work. And we believe everyone should have a fair chance to work. That's why we've designed a faster—and fairer—way to screen job seekers. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr puts modern technology powered by machine learning in the hands of hiring teams, helping thousands of companies like Uber, Instacart, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco to hire great new people with an experience that’s fast, smooth, and safe.
A career at Checkr means collaborating with brilliant minds, disrupting an industry, and opening channels of employment to often overlooked candidates. Checkr has been recognized as one of BuiltIn's 2023 Best Places to Work in the US and is a Y Combinator 2023 Breakthrough Company and Top Company by Valuation.
About the team/role
As a leader of Checkr’s developer products, you will be responsible for delivering market-leading capabilities for our customers and partners to create embedded experiences with Checkr to streamline their hiring workflows. We are looking for someone who has spent several years in Enterprise Software Product Management focusing on developer products and integrations. You will own the vision, strategy, and execution of Checkr’s developer products, which includes our flagship API, API accelerators such as SDK’s, and the overall developer experience via developer productivity tools to build, test, and debug integrations. You will work alongside our business development team and collaborate with our SaaS partners to deliver engaging integrated experiences for end users. You will also work with engineering and operational stakeholders to ensure the developer platform is easy to learn, easy to use, and is well documented.
What you’ll do
- Directly own the strategy and roadmap for all developer products (such as API’s, developer portal, developer tools, prebuilt integrations, and an app marketplace) that enables Checkr to access key market segments through our partners and alliances.
- Perform market analysis to identify effective opportunities to drive an integrated experience with Checkr. Includes performing competitive analysis, working with leading analysts to understand where the market is heading, and interacting with our strategic customers to understand the direction that their business is moving towards.
- Ensure active collaboration with cross-functional teams within Checkr; Align your strategy with the business development team. Partner with PMM to drive an effective GTM strategy. Collaborate with other product teams at Checkr to drive effective product integrations.
- Create and prioritize a multi-release feature roadmap.
- Lead beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and platforms.
- Represent the customer; Be the champion and voice of strategic customers. Build impactful, personal customer relationships.
- Drive compelling demos at Checkr’s customer events.
- Provide other product teams at Checkr with an API platform that helps them to serve effective, and secure APIs to our end users.
- Measure success and impact of your products and identify expansion opportunities.
- Represent Checkr as a product expert at customer interactions, corporate events, and through community sites and social media.
What you bring
- Deep expertise in building products that are used by developers, and that make a developer’s life efficient.
- API design skills; Knowledge of working with distributed systems and integration.
- Expertise in the integration market; understand and communicate the competitive landscape and the problems experienced by target personas.
- Ability to drive the roadmap for Checkr’s developer products portfolio with a specific focus on low-code developers, and their ability to connect to a variety of business applications.
- Sustained track record of partnering with engineering teams to establish a prioritized product roadmap; groom the product backlog and represent the product’s capabilities during development.
- Experience collaborating with multiple cross-functional teams including Business Development, Professional Services, UX designers, Documentation, and Product Marketing; Drive enablement for our field organizations by partnering with our Support team and Solutions Engineering team.
- Experience leading end-to-end product realization from concept to release.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science.
- (Optional) A Master’s degree in computer science.
- At least 5 years of experience in technical product management working with or on developer-focussed products such as an iPaaS, or an API-based developer platform, or leading an in-product integration portfolio for a SaaS company, and similar.
What you’ll get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
At Checkr, we believe a hybrid work environment strengthens collaboration, drives innovation, and encourages connection. Our hub locations are Denver, CO, San Francisco, CA, and Santiago, Chile. Individuals are expected to work from the office 2 to 3 days a week. In-office perks are provided, such as lunch four times a week, a commuter stipend, and an abundance of snacks and beverages.
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The base salary range for this role is $159,239 to $215,441 in Denver, CO.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.