Director, Billing Operations
Checkr builds people infrastructure for the future of work. And we believe everyone should have a fair chance to work. That's why we've designed a faster—and fairer—way to screen job seekers. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr puts modern technology powered by machine learning in the hands of hiring teams, helping thousands of companies like Uber, Instacart, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco to hire great new people with an experience that’s fast, smooth, and safe.
A career at Checkr means collaborating with brilliant minds, disrupting an industry, and opening channels of employment to often overlooked candidates. Checkr has been recognized as one of BuiltIn's 2023 Best Places to Work in the US and is a Y Combinator 2023 Breakthrough Company and Top Company by Valuation.
About the team/role
As the Director, Order to Cash you will report to the Senior Director, Accounting and you will play a major role in Checkr’s Order to Cash process. This role will play an important role in scaling our Order to Cash process and building collaboration across the business. As a part of Checkr’s accounting team, you will help to ensure Checkr provides accurate and timely financial reporting and that all accounting records are booked in accordance with US GAAP.
What you’ll do
- Manage Billing Operations team to support revenue and billing operations
- Drive process standardization and harmonization across the Quote to Cash tiers
- Manage communication/collaboration with cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, Revenue Operations, Legal, and Customer Service
- Ensure all billing activities are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Lead continuous process improvement and development of automated systems including implementation and enhancements to Order to Cash processes
- Develop and implement policies, controls, and procedures to scale with the business
- Review financial reporting files including ad-hoc internal reports and financial analysis reports
- Assist with the management of annual financial audits and month / quarterly reporting for board meetings
- Lead ad hoc projects as needed.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, CPA or CPA track is a plus
- Minimum of 10+ years of accounting-related work experience, 5+ years of management experience is preferred
- Proven experience in process improvement and driving standardization across order to cash operations.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Oracle); Stripe, JIRA, and Salesforce experience. Excellent organizational abilities, attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to prioritize, problem solve, take initiative, and maintain confidentiality of sensitive personnel information
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel); familiarity with databases and SQL is an asset
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment and lead complex initiatives
What you’ll get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
At Checkr, we believe a hybrid work environment strengthens collaboration, drives innovation, and encourages connection. Our hub locations are Denver, CO, San Francisco, CA, and Santiago, Chile. Individuals are expected to work from the office 2 to 3 days a week. In-office perks are provided, such as lunch four times a week, a commuter stipend, and an abundance of snacks and beverages.
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The base salary range for this role is $183,515 to $248,285 in Denver.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.