Senior Workday Functional Analyst
Checkr builds people infrastructure for the future of work. And we believe everyone should have a fair chance to work. That's why we've designed a faster—and fairer—way to screen job seekers. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr puts modern technology powered by machine learning in the hands of hiring teams, helping thousands of companies like Uber, Instacart, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco to hire great new people with an experience that’s fast, smooth, and safe.
A career at Checkr means collaborating with brilliant minds, disrupting an industry, and opening channels of employment to often overlooked candidates. Checkr has been recognized as one of BuiltIn's 2023 Best Places to Work in the US and is a Y Combinator 2023 Breakthrough Company and Top Company by Valuation.
About the team/role
We are looking for a seasoned Senior Functional Analyst - Workday who is ready to transform Workday for Checkr into a robust and reliable center of our tech ecosystem that enable Checkr’s growth and scale while delivering an engaging employee and manager experience. The right candidate brings HCM module expertise to identify, design, implement, and maintain Checkr’s HCM. This role is critical to our people team objectives and will be the functional expertise in Core HCM capabilities and design whose proven track record of HCM administration and implementation will enable them to drive process improvements, design best-practice capabilities, and support the business as we grow and add additional capabilities in Workday. The role will partner with People leaders and colleagues to understand business needs, define requirements in support of the business, and architect, configure, support, and maintain solutions to achieve desired business objectives. The right candidate isn’t afraid to think outside of the box to deliver a delightful Workday experience to our employees and managers while keeping quality, integrity, and security at the forefront of their designs.
What you’ll do
- Provide Workday subject matter functional expertise for day-to-day support and development including business process configuration, integrations, data transmission (EIB), testing and other troubleshooting support.
- Provide subject matter expertise and thought leadership on Workday HCM best practices and partner with business leaders to understand pain points, prioritize requirements and identify opportunities to improve processes and gain efficiency by leveraging Workday functionality. Finds creative technology solutions to match team needs with business processes and requirements with functions such as Corp eng/IT, payroll, and integrated systems/processes.
- Create and maintain clear, comprehensive, documented business requirements for requested changes, enhancements, or projects; accountable for articulating functional processes from beginning to end and providing thought leadership on functionality and design.
- Provide change management expertise when rolling out new and/or improved functionality to maximize adoption and prioritize a great customer experience.
- Maintain awareness of Workday future releases / roadmap and the potential impact of those plans on current and future Workday functionality.
- Provide strategic vision for balancing day-to-day support with larger impact, long-term work.
- Responsible for the thorough testing and analysis of new Workday features and functionality and participates in release planning, accountable for regression testing, unit testing, User Acceptance testing and pre-launch testing / sign-off for new features or enhancements.
- Leverage your mastery-level knowledge of Workday reporting and analytics to lead the design, configuration, integration, data conversion, security, testing, reporting, post production support, and change management activities.
- Collaborate closely with other Workday SMEs to leverage knowledge, other solutions, and best practices to ensure a holistic best-practice approach.
- Mentor and guide more junior colleagues for their roles in leading processes/practices, configuration and testing.
- Provide excellent customer service in response to inquiries and resolve inquiries accurately and timely.
- Supports the People function by contributing to ongoing process improvements and holding a high bar for oneself.
What you bring
- 5+ years of previous experience in HCM tool suite processes and project management including analysis, stakeholder engagement, and documentation.
- 4+ years of proven success driving business process implementation.
- 3+ years of experience with Workday functional configuration across the HCM Suite of modules. (Talent and Performance, Absence and Time-Tracking, Recruiting, Core HCM, Payroll, Security etc.) supporting a mid-to-large-sized business.
- Proven Workday functional expertise - an awareness of what Workday can and cannot do, familiarity with delivered functionality and reports, and experience performing straightforward administrative tasks in Workday (Undoing tasks, manually advancing tasks, waiving requirements).
- High degree of customer-centric mindset and personal accountability, with a track record for delivering results, team collaboration and strong analytical acumen.
- Experience with broad HR practices and program development that allows you to understand the needs of stakeholders across the People function and beyond.
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust-building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required in this role.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a distributed team, comfortable adapting to change and bringing a sense of resilience to a scaling operations team.
- Compliance experience in PII, GDPR, SOX
What you’ll get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
At Checkr, we believe a hybrid work environment strengthens collaboration, drives innovation, and encourages connection. Our hub locations are Denver, CO, San Francisco, CA, and Santiago, Chile. Individuals are expected to work from the office 2 to 3 days a week. In-office perks are provided, such as lunch four times a week, a commuter stipend, and an abundance of snacks and beverages.
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The base salary range for this role is $177,650 to $240,350 in San Francisco.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.