Workplace Operations Manager
Checkr builds people infrastructure for the future of work. And we believe everyone should have a fair chance to work. That's why we've designed a faster—and fairer—way to screen job seekers. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr puts modern technology powered by machine learning in the hands of hiring teams, helping thousands of companies like Uber, Instacart, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco to hire great new people with an experience that’s fast, smooth, and safe.
A career at Checkr means collaborating with brilliant minds, disrupting an industry, and opening channels of employment to often overlooked candidates. Checkr has been recognized as one of BuiltIn's 2023 Best Places to Work in the US and is a Y Combinator 2023 Breakthrough Company and Top Company by Valuation.
About the team/role
Our Workplace Operations Manager, reporting to the Director, Workplace, will be essential to the Workplace team’s function and hugely impact our company culture and workplace experience. We are looking for someone with great operational prowess, an upbeat and approachable attitude, impeccable customer service skills, and a willingness to cultivate the best employee experience for Checkrs!
What you’ll do
- Manage daily facilities operations in our San Francisco office. This includes operational oversight of various aspects, including janitorial services, HVAC maintenance, food services, and resolving general maintenance issues promptly and effectively.
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with HR business partners (HRBPs), local management, and other stakeholders within Checkr to implement high-impact employee experience strategies that enhance workplace satisfaction and productivity.
- Leverage data and analytic capabilities to assess operational efficiency and efficacy. Develop strategic plans based on analytic insights to drive specific business outcomes and operational improvement.
- Supplement and implement the hybrid work strategy the Head of Workplace Operations developed to ensure effective operational continuity across different work arrangements.
- Design and continuously enhance impactful employee experiences across the lifecycle from onboarding to off-boarding. Ensure that workplace strategies align with creating positive experiences that support employee engagement and productivity.
- Coordinate and execute world-class intra-office events for local San Francisco Checkrs. These events should reflect company culture and foster team cohesion and Checkrs' identification with company values.
- Own the daily lunch service in our office, organize large group meetings, and offsites.
- Lead various project and program implementations to create smooth, transparent experiences for all employees. This would include coordinating with various teams, managing timelines, and overseeing successful project delivery.
- Oversee budget tracking and efficiently manage the expenses related to the San Francisco site, ensuring cost-effective operations.
- Responsible for sourcing, benchmarking, administering, and managing vendor relationships specific to the San Francisco site, ensuring quality services at competitive prices.
- Proactively manage relationships with property management, coordinating for necessary building operations and maintenance.
- Supervise space planning and coordinate moves, adds, and changes (MAC) to optimize space utilization and accommodate business needs.
- Demonstrate and grow in your expertise in managing shared audio-visual spaces within the San Francisco office, resolving any technical issues and ensuring these resources are used effectively.
What you bring
- Minimum of 6 years of operational facilities management experience, with a significant emphasis on creating and delivering improved employee experiences.
- Minimum of 2+ years of work experience in a role requiring the application of data-driven analysis in understanding and improving the workplace environment.
- Proven track record in managing successful events.
- Proficiency in Zoom Rooms, A/V technologies, GSuite, and Slack is required to support effective communication and collaboration.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with all levels from a vendor to executive. Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across different functions and with a range of stakeholders.
- Experience and comfort in working within a fast-paced office environment. Capability to work efficiently in the physical San Francisco office daily.
What you’ll get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The base salary range for this role is $105,060 to $142,140 in San Francisco.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.