Tessera Data - Associate Solutions Engineer
Checkr builds people infrastructure for the future of work. And we believe everyone should have a fair chance to work. That's why we've designed a faster—and fairer—way to screen job seekers. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr puts modern technology powered by machine learning in the hands of hiring teams, helping thousands of companies like Uber, Instacart, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco to hire great new people with an experience that’s fast, smooth, and safe.
A career at Checkr means collaborating with brilliant minds, disrupting an industry, and opening channels of employment to often overlooked candidates. Checkr has been recognized as one of BuiltIn's 2023 Best Places to Work in the US and is a Y Combinator 2023 Breakthrough Company and Top Company by Valuation.
About the team/role
The Tessera Data Solutions Engineering Team are strategic partners to our Sales and Implementation Teams. They are responsible for working with our most complex prospects to design and develop unique solutions that enhance trust and safety in the hiring process. Solutions Engineers at Tessera Data are experienced problem solvers with a background in Solutions Engineering, Customer Success, Technical Account Management, Client Consulting, and understand how technology delivers business value. You will be responsible for providing pre-sales support for our most valuable prospects and partners.
What you’ll do
As a Solutions Engineer, you will strategically partner with the Sales Team to:
- Meet with business leaders at prospect companies to understand their business goals and articulate Tessera Data’s value proposition
- Meet with stakeholders across the organization, from C-Level executives to frontline employees and tailor your messaging to these audiences
- Shape value creation for our clients through presentations, case studies, product demonstrations, pilots, solution designs, and proposals
- Educate our prospective clients on safe screening best practices, explaining how other Tessera Data customers have approached obstacles and challenges, and generally serving as the trust & safety experts during sales cycles
- Answer technical and compliance questions from our prospects and partners
- Distill and communicate customer needs to the Product team and help drive product roadmap
- Collaborate with Marketing on Case Studies, Use Cases and Marketing Events
What you bring
- 1-3 years in related industry or SAAS
- Proficient in the technical sales process, solution design, and proof of value execution
- Proficiency in discovery conversations, value-based selling, and world class demonstration and storytelling skills
- Technical curiosity and knowledge of RESTful APIs and SQL or willingness to learn
- Experience building rapport and working with cross functional teams spanning sales, product management, product marketing and business development
- Ability to juggle and complete multiple priorities and projects (both internal and external) in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed
What you’ll get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
At Checkr, we believe a hybrid work environment strengthens collaboration, drives innovation, and encourages connection. Our hub locations are Denver, CO, San Francisco, CA, and Santiago, Chile. Individuals are expected to work from the office 2 to 3 days a week. In-office perks are provided, such as lunch four times a week, a commuter stipend, and an abundance of snacks and beverages.
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The on-target earnings range for this role is $104,185 to 140,956 in Denver,CO.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.