Executive Assistant, Chief Product Officer
Checkr builds people infrastructure for the future of work. And we believe everyone should have a fair chance to work. That's why we've designed a faster—and fairer—way to screen job seekers. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr puts modern technology powered by machine learning in the hands of hiring teams, helping thousands of companies like Uber, Instacart, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco to hire great new people with an experience that’s fast, smooth, and safe.
A career at Checkr means collaborating with brilliant minds, disrupting an industry, and opening channels of employment to often overlooked candidates. Checkr has been recognized as one of BuiltIn's 2023 Best Places to Work in the US and is a Y Combinator 2023 Breakthrough Company and Top Company by Valuation.
About the role
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to join our EA team supporting our Chief Product Officer. We are looking for someone who is creative and enjoys working within a fast-growing, rapidly changing environment that is mission-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will be both strategic and tactical, a right-hand partner for their executive, have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. We are looking for an EA that knows how to dive in and roll up their sleeves to get things done and be two steps ahead of their executive.
What you’ll do
- Lead and manage CPO’s calendar, makes CPO travel arrangements, approve Workday requests for PTO and other time off requests for CPO’s directs
- Provide calendar support for VP of Product
- Track and help drive the completion of key deliverables and goals
- Note-taking and project management
- Manage communications, presentations, and other documentation
- Organize events including Kickoffs, Offsites, and more
- Process expense reports, monitor meeting and event costs, and assist with procurement processing for Product Org expenses
- Manage department corporate card
What you bring
- 6+ years of direct executive assistant experience or other relevant experience
- Previous experience supporting a C-level executive
- Previous experience at a tech company/startup preferred
- Previous experience working with Product or Technology organizations
- Strong organizational skills, reflecting the ability to prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with attention to detail
- Superior understanding and experience using Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, and external partners
- Proven effective written and verbal communication skills - able to simplify complex topics in a friendly and approachable manner
What you get:
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
- Remote or hybrid work flexibility
At Checkr, we believe a hybrid work environment strengthens collaboration, drives innovation, and encourages connection. Our hub locations are Denver, CO, San Francisco, CA, and Santiago, Chile. Individuals are expected to work from the office 2 to 3 days a week. In-office perks are provided, such as lunch four times a week, a commuter stipend, and an abundance of snacks and beverages.
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The base salary range for this role is $136,000 to $184,000 in San Francisco, CA.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.