Director of Product Management, Support Intelligence
About the Role
As the Director of Product for Support Intelligence, you will report directly to the VP of Product and lead our support operations product management team. You will be leading fast-growing teams that are focused first and foremost on building member trust. We promise millions of members that Chime “has their back”, and these teams help deliver on our promise by supporting members when they have issues with their money and empowering our agents and other ops teams with tools that help deliver a member-obsessed experience.
The product teams in this area build it all: proactive support experiences to delight members, self service channels to automate contact resolution while using AI-powered chat/ intelligent phone systems and internal tools for agents with ML powered guided workflows and automation. We are completely re-imagining what a wonderful member support experience can be, using ML and other technologies to create thoughtful, immediate, and delightful experiences that members won’t find anywhere else in financial services. Our goal is to earn extraordinary satisfaction ratings from our members while helping efficiently scale our operations through years of hypergrowth. If you’re an experienced product leader with a passion for members, a love of operations, and a track record of leading high-impact teams, we want to meet you.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $216,800 and up to $307,100. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Set the product vision, strategy and goals for support experience and tools in close partnership with your peers in product development and OMX (operations and member experience) leadership.
- Help reimagine our support experience end-to-end, using AI to predict and resolve member issues as soon as they arise; when human support needs to be involved, ensure that they have the best technology and tools to quickly diagnose the problem and provide personalized solutions that delight members.
- With your teams, develop and complete product roadmaps that deliver on your goals. Work closely with eng, design, research, ops, compliance, and other collaborator teams to align efforts and continually improve velocity.
- Own key business metrics and goals related to member satisfaction and operational efficiency, and give regular updates to executive leadership on progress and needs.
- Provide leadership and coaching to an impactful PM team and bring on top talent as we continue to grow in this space.
- Be an active member of the product leadership team, working with the VP of Product and your peers to continually uplevel our PM org by driving improvements to our strategy, process/tools, people, and member focus.
To thrive in this role, you have
- 10+ years of product management experience, with 5+ years as manager
- A track record of deep collaboration with executive leaders and successfully leading and delivering large-scale operational technology initiatives, ideally in a fast-paced data driven environment
- Exceptional critical thinking, with a consistent track record to translate business objectives into actionable product strategy and technology solutions.
- Deep understanding of a wide range of operations technologies and platforms, including personalization, case management and AI-driven solutions.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and partner management skills, with the ability to influence and inspire cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience in driving innovation, cultivating new technologies, and fostering a culture of experimentation.
- Experience hiring and running high-performance teams
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 📝 Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.