Scholar Success Manager, Chime Scholars Foundation
About the role
The Chime Scholars Foundation is a separate corporate foundation and a key part of the overarching mission and goals of Chime Financial’s social impact and community-building efforts. The team is hiring a Scholar Success Manager to improve and deepen the Chime Scholars Foundation’s engagement with our scholars while enhancing program awareness and growth. Reporting to the head of the Chime Scholars Foundation, the ideal Manager will have a background working with first-generation college students from historically underrepresented populations, an understanding and passion for the education sector, and a desire to be part of the movement to eliminate inequities in higher education access and success. Working with internal and external partners, the manager will play a pivotal role in deepening the Chime Scholars Foundation’s local impact and enhancing Chime Financial’s community impact initiatives.
Community is a critical source of financial peace of mind, and Chime believes in strengthening the communities we are in. Chime pursues a multidimensional approach that includes philanthropy, sponsorships, and volunteerism.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $103,680 and up to $144,000. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Scholar Engagement and Support (60%)
- Develop event programming and lead all scholar engagement, including:
- Plan and execute in-person and online programming, including orientation, lunch events, etc.
- Coordinate with partners to enhance scholar engagement and CSF engagement (event hosting, panel discussions, etc.)
- Create opportunities for mutually beneficial engagement between scholars and Chime employees, in collaboration with Chime community and social impact teams
- Scholar support
- Manage partnership with support organizations
- Facilitate touchpoints with scholars to obtain feedback; work with individual scholars as needed
- Create scholar resources, for example newsletters, welcome packages, etc.
- Work closely with the Chime Social Impact team and initiatives to find ways to magnify and support our community impact and work
- Communication (30%)
- Develop templates, write content, and send regular communications to Scholars, advisors, partners, employees and other stakeholder groups
- In partnership with Chime communications and marketing teams, develop and implement communication tactics and build assets, including:
- Driving awareness internally and externally, through Scholar Spotlights, blogs, etc.
- Capturing assets such as scholar interviews, photos, etc.
- Reviewing and updating website content
- Developing partner updates and communication asks
- Growth and Tracking (10%)
- Work closely with leadership to build partnerships and thought leadership
- Outreach to target school and community programs
- Help execute on thought leadership opportunities, blogs, speaking engagements, etc.
- Serve as a member of the review and selection teams
- Co-develop surveys for programming and tracking and collecting annual end of year scholar progress and outcomes
- Oversee engagement program budget and goals, tracking against quarterly targets and reporting monthly
To thrive in this role, you have
- Passion for student success in higher education
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build and maintain cross-functional relationships
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of relevant experience in a nonprofit or higher education setting and possess knowledge of the college landscape as it relates to supporting low-income college students
- Hands-on experience creating and executing student events and virtual engagement programs
- Demonstrated writing and communication skills, including email, social media, and presentations
- Familiarity with CRM engagement features such as Salesforce campaign management is a nice to have
- Strong project management skills with the ability to align and integrate various projects, resources, and stakeholders
- Ability to think creatively and work strategically
- Entrepreneurial drive, ability to work autonomously, and willingness to roll up sleeves to directly solve challenging problems
- Ability to travel to target communities to meet scholars and plan/attend events (~20% time)
- Willing to work on site at a San Francisco-based office a minimum of three (3) days per week
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.