Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure
About the role
The Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for the platform, tools, and infrastructure supporting Chime's customer-serving products. As a Senior Software Engineer on this team, you will be developing tools to create and maintain cloud infrastructure, automating management of complex service-oriented applications, and creating frameworks to ensure the stability and scalability of Chime's platform.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $167,200.00 and up to $232,200.00. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Automate everything, including scaling, monitoring, and operations.
- Build tools to enable self-service both within the team and across all of Chime engineering.
- Design, build, and support Chime's cloud infrastructure using automation and infrastructure-as-code.
- Develop tools and processes to enable the security, scalability, and availability of the products serving Chime's customers.
- Partner with product development engineers to build services according to modern design patterns; for example, the 12 Factor App methodology.
- Develop strong relationships with engineers, managers, and other colleagues based on trust, empathy, and technical expertise.
To thrive in this role, you have
- Strong development experience in Ruby, Go, or another programming language.
- Previous professional experience in a DevOps/SRE/ProdEng role supporting customer-facing web services.
- Previous success in enabling effective partnerships and strong communication with other engineers and teams.
- Experience creating and working with containers, as well as using container orchestration tools.
- Experience building and managing highly-available public cloud infrastructure and services, with an emphasis on stability, scalability, and security.
- Experience using configuration management and infrastructure-as-code tools.
- Experience supporting relational or no-SQL databases, message buses, caching services, and other common service components.
- Familiarity with CI/CD and testing platforms.
- Familiarity with common monitoring, logging, and observability platforms.
- A positive attitude, a collaborative mindset, and a focus on the customer.
- Experience with some of this tech - AWS services, Kubernetes, ArgoCD, Datadog, Terraform
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.